How to get your e-mail from Codetel?

N

Nicolette

I am trying to get to Codetel for over a week now, but impossible. Maybe one of the bulletin board readers can help me out.

I have two different subscriptions with Codetel: one at the office, the other at home. My computer at the office is down, and I would like to work on my laptop at home. I can get connected to Codetel and even surf on the internet with my office name and office password on my home computer, but when I ask for my mail the program says 'no new mail' (and I know DR1 is sending me the daily news).

Last year it was still possible to read my officemail at home and vice-versa. Did they install a program that checks the telephone number you're calling from or something? Is there a laptop option?

If no one can help, does anybody have the codetel helpdesk e-mail?

Thanks a lot!!

S

Sarah

Here's phone # to Codetel...

...in Barahona, hope it helps: 809-524-3939.

E

ECH, M.D.

Re: Here's phone # to Codetel...

Nicolette try http:\\www.codetel.net.do\

They have been royally screwed up for a couple of weeks now. And they don't have a clue.....

Phone: 685-3133 ex: # 1 (their internet help line) If you don't speak Spanish.....as for someone who speaks English and they will provide for you.

LUCK

N

Nicolette

Thanks a lot

Sarah and ECH thanks a lot!

Finally got through on the last number, but I don?t think the guy understood the problem. They offered me a new account...

Anyway, it appears one can retrieve one's mail through the internet site: www.webmail.codetel.net.do

I?ll give it a try...

Nicolette

W

William Leslie

Re: Thanks a lot

My browser says it can not locate the server www.webmail.codetel.net.do

N

Nicolette

a mystery...

Even with this address I could not find it. Therefore, on my office computer, I installed Outlook express for my office mail, and use outlook for my home mail. I can access both through the same tel. line at the same time.

I am still not sure why it is not possible anymore to just log in with another name and other password on any computer in this country. Someone told me it is because Codetel has now 2 servers, but my office AND home connections are both with the same codetel server...a mystery! It still might be that they connect your contract to your tel.no.

E

ECH, M.D.

Re: a mystery...

Nicolette. Call 685-3133 Extension # 1 and report your problem and ask to speak to someone in English (unless you are fluent in Spanish) and I am sure they can "walk you thru" the problem and even re-install the proper connections for you right on the phone. They have done this for me several times when my files have become corrupted.

N

Nicolette

thanks again

Thanks again! For the moment the thing is working. After a week without my computer (pretty-park-troj virus had me reinstall Windows 98, installation of Explorer 5.1 was impossible, and now my computer still gives me warnings like "this program executed an illegal etc. and will shut down" -but it doesn't..)

So before I change anything again....

E

ECH, M.D.

Re: thanks again

I know what you mean......I get that same message all the time. I can be sitting looking at the screen and touch nothing and it says I have done something illegal and will shut down. Sometimes it does and sometimes no????? I tried to reinstall programs but finally had to reformat the disk and THEN reinstall. Have not really had a problem since I reformatted. These people that transmit viruses are not funny people and one day I would like to get my hands on them. Hope you are up and running OK now. ECH

T

Tom

Re: thanks again

Nicollette

I have sent you an email regarding the Pretty Park Trojan Horse. I also attached a removal tool and scanner from Symantec

Good luck

Tom

N

Nicolette

to the both of you

Thanks a lot the both of you! I am surfing my way through the net again. I passed Thom's message on to all my friends and collegues and it appears I was not the only one with the Pretty Park Virus.

What is the matter with these virusmaking people anyway? What is the fun? I really need my computer for work and have a lot of trouble catching in on my work because of this sh...

Anyway, I keep my fingers crossed!