hi all

Status
Not open for further replies.

marie@pg

Mar 22, 2007
Hi From British Columbia. We are traveling to Puerto Plata the the week of April 5th . Im real nervous about the weather forecast.. eeekkk .. Coming from the North we have our heart set on sunshine!! Is this overcast weather normal!! If it is, then we will know what to expect. : :ermm:

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Hi,

The weather in April is great. Hot, humid and sunny. Overcast skies come and go and are a pleasant relief from the scorching sun once in a while. Before you know it the sun will be out again. But don't be fooled, you can still get a tan/burn when its overcast. Be careful. Rain showers are common also, but only for short periods usually in the early mornig or late evening.

Have a great trip from a fellow Canadian. I will be there on April 14.

curlyq

marie@pg

Mar 22, 2007
Thanks for the quick reply!I feel much better about our vacation choice!! Like I said we are starvviingg here in Northern BC for sunshine. This will be our first visit to anywhere tropical ( I`m ashamed to say ) . Just never seem to have the time ? Crazzyyyy...

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Hi

Wow. You guys are going to have a great time. It won't be your last trip to the Dominican Republic I can guarantee. Where are you staying? If you need any info on things to see and do outside of the resort I would be happy to help.

curlyq

marie@pg

Mar 22, 2007
Hi Curly, We are staying at the breezes resort, we left it to our travel agent as it was a last minute thing! There are 13 in our group, 3 sets of adults , the rest teens! We were told there was tons to do for them , and the grownups as well.
any suggestions of what not too do! Every minute is precious !

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Breezes is a decent resort with plenty for all of you to do. I do suggest a trip to Cabarete Beach. Go for the whole day and enjoy the windsurfing, kitesurfing etc.

Check out the website of Isaira tours for excursions.
Isaira Tours - Dominican Republic

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Hi marie,

There are lots of tours to do. Sosua beach is a nice day trip as well the Brugal factory & amber museum. Mount Isabel del Tores is a worth a trip also.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
They have free shuttle to town (Sosua maybe Cabarete as well). Take advantage of it and enjoy the beach, town, eating establishments and such. GET OFF THE RESERVATION.

Bob K

MGoss

Mar 28, 2007
While we were in Cabarete, we checked for rafting and were told there was but we did not follow through with it. So I cannot help you but I am sure somene in here can. I am new to this site but was there in February and really had the best trip ever! Have fun, meet the people and do the whole culture thing! Its an amazing country!!

marie@pg

Mar 22, 2007
Thanks ! We are watching the weather in hopes that there is a change.I`m sure the locals feels the same. We`ll investigate rafting for the next trip!Maybe if we all did a sun Dance at the same time?

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Have just moved here, and for the past 10 days we have had rain, but it is 86 degrees and we are not in danger of losing our home or belongings, so while sun would be nice, I am appreciative of no more Ontario winter....

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
any suggestions of what not too do!

Since this is your first trip to the DR, and espcially traveling with kids, just keep in mind that Emergency Services & Safety Standards may not be the same as you would expect in North America. This is by no means a reflection on the Dominican people. If I didn't enjoy the people and the country I wouldn't be on the board.

Use your common sense and you'll have a safe and fun trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.