Second Medical

chago

Feb 22, 2007
Ok well my husband needs to take the second medical for immigration Canada. Does anybody have info on this?

What it entails?
How much it costs?
How long it takes for results to arive?

What else is left.. Anybody who has gone through this please help.

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
I have no idea as i have not gone through the process, but wouldn't it be exactly the same as the first one? I would assume that you just go to the same place and do the exact same medical as the first. Same fee and it would take the same amount of time to arrive. Our medical took 4 months to arrive in Haiti, but who knows if it's the same.

chago

Feb 22, 2007
Has nobody gone through this before? Somebody must have real information and not assumptions.. I am assuming the same thing but I am getting different answers from people and would love to hear from someone who has gone through it.
Please if anybody has real experience in this let me know..

wendy_s

Oct 26, 2005
Just a suggestion...

Why not call Immigration Canada as I'm sure they are likely able to provide you with the accurate information you are looking for. Here is their number: 1 888 242-2100

I would also assume it is the same process as the first one.

Has nobody gone through this before? Somebody must have real information and not assumptions.. I am assuming the same thing but I am getting different answers from people and would love to hear from someone who has gone through it.
Please if anybody has real experience in this let me know..

chago

Feb 22, 2007
Again, I appreciate the advice but I have tried immigration Haiti, St. Dgo, and Canada. I have also tried contacting my mp who also contacted immigration Haiti.

I am getting a million different answers and that is why again I would like some advice from someone who has been through this already.

Thanks again but assumptions do not really help..

So if anybody has something helpful such as experience I would love to hear it. Thanks and good luck to all.

crazy moon

Oct 2, 2005
I would like to know also.

Oh and does anyone know if a child who lives in the Dominican who has a birthcertificate does that child have to have their birthcertificate registered with both there mother and fathers name on it or can it just have the mothers name on it and if so can this child still use this type of b-certificate for immigration canada and for a medical for immigration and to get a passport if the child wants to come one day. crazy moon

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Hey,

Your husband will have to wait for Haiti to send his passport back to Santo Domingo, then they will call him to come and get it (about 2weeks from when they first advise him that he needs a new one). It will come with a paper stating the process and not to contact them as it could take 5-6months. He has to take the paper and his passport to the clinic Abreu and re-do the whole medical. It is the same price as the first one (around $100US) but I heard it recently went up a few dollars. My husband paid $185US for his daughter and him 6weeks ago. After it is done, your husband has to take the passport back to Santo Domingo.

I have heard it can take anywhere from 6weeks to 6months. I read somewhere that the work visa medical takes about 3months, so I would assume it is similar timing. My husband went for his second medical 6weeks ago (Feb. 9) and we have not heard anything yet. I will let everyone know when he does hear something on my thread "He got the call".

Kim

Ok well my husband needs to take the second medical for immigration Canada. Does anybody have info on this?

What it entails?
How much it costs?
How long it takes for results to arive?

What else is left.. Anybody who has gone through this please help.

chago

Feb 22, 2007
Thanks Kim,

I will let you know if I hear anything as well. I am just getting so tired of immigration giving a million different anwers like this is the first time they have done this process. It is almost embarrassing that they work for us..