dental hygienist looking for dentist

lucine

Mar 21, 2007
first time in the correct area of DR1. I will relocate to DR as soon as I secure a job. please help me obtain a list of DR Dentists. I'm currently living and practicing in Ann Arbor, MI USA. I can't hardly wait to move the economey is horrible here

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Please do not move to the DR for the economy. The economy is certainly worse than in Michigan. You will not be paid a US salary in the DR for a dental hygienist job. You will be paid US$500 per month if you are really really lucky. Do some research here first.

lucine

Mar 21, 2007
economy and the dental hygienist

thank-you for your input, I will keep investigating my options do you have any other suggestions? lucine

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Lucine, dentists here do not employ hygienists. They do the cleanings, prophys and sealants themselves.

I actually had a meeting today with the Director of Dentistry for Public Health for the Province of Puerto Plata. We were discussing something else, but the question of a VOLUNTEER hygienist came up. It was not something with which he was familiar.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
DH is a step above nurses here, most unfortunately. When I was in the university, we used to go to the Dental School for our dental care, it was a great way to meet nice females...of course!...

However, in the DR, the concept of a professionally trained Dental Hygienist is pretty foreign..

I think I'll talk to the head of our Dental School and see what he thinks of this as a possible future offering....not all the candidates can become dentists...

HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM foood for thought.

HB

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Isn't there a free dental clinic being built in Puerto Plata?
Perhaps they are hiring.

t'

Not building a clinic, but I got informal (written to follow) permission from Public Health yesterday for a large group of US dentists to set up and run a week-long clinic in Puerto Plata.