iMPORTING PREVIOUSLY LEASED CAR

lucine

Mar 21, 2007
i RED THE INFO ABOUT IMPORTING A CAR AND THAT WHEN YOU INITIALLY MOVE TO THE dR IS THE BEST TIME TO DO SO? HOWEVER THE LANGUAGE STATES THAT MUST HAVE OWNED THE CAR IN ? FOR don't KNOW,1 OR.. 4 YEARS i HAVE BEEN LEASING MY CAR FOR THREE YEARS WILL THAT FLY, ALSO THE CAR IS A 2004 Volkswagen BEATLE CONVERTABLE . WORTH BRING OVER THERE? It RIDES PRETTY LOW BUT WOULD BE GREAT IN YOUR WARM CLIMATE.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
THE CAR IS A 2004 Volkswagen BEATLE CONVERTABLE . WORTH BRING OVER THERE? It RIDES PRETTY LOW BUT WOULD BE GREAT IN YOUR WARM CLIMATE.

Consider how much visibility you would have (I used to own a VW Beetle here) and remember the potholes & effect on suspension. Still at least being a beatle it'd be musical..............;)

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I've seen at least one "new"-beetle in Santo Domingo... yes, on the roads. I must admit that roads are generally more "normal"-car friendly there than most anywhere else in the country. Still at least half of the vehicles on the roads are small and compact size cars. However, the rule of priority is not given by out'a what corner one comes, or at what time one reaches a stop but rather by the size of the vehicle and it's potential to cause damage. So, old large trucks have absolute right of way... even when pulling out of an alley in reverse. I was renting a compact car and had no right of way. Now, riding in a pick up truck with double bumpers I manage thru most intersection with much more ease.
A cloth roof will also not give you and your vehicle much safety.

The question of the leased vehicle remains an interesting but yet unanswered one. Usually the owner is the leasing company...

It might fly... but I fear more like at a gliding angle of a flying wash machine. :surprised

... J-D