Dominican Style Hamburgers

jcarn

Jun 28, 2004
I've been to the dominican republic twice and both times I've gone down there I've gone down there the hamburgers have been absolutely awesome. I live in jersey and whenever I go to a restaurant and get a hamburger I usually wind up with some burger that has no taste. I'll give you an example, the last day before I boarded my flight for DR I had an angus beef burger at outback that cost me like $8, although the burger was mouthwatering it had no taste. :mad: On both ocassions while in the dominican republic the burgers have been full of spices and flavors. Especially the burgers at Rocky's, they're awesome!, even better than the $8 burger I had at outback. (Marc, if you're reading this, you run an awesome restaurant and bar, thanks for helping us out with the hotel last friday.)

Anyone know of any restaurant in nj or nyc that serves burgers like that? Also, if I was to take a trip to washington heights (which is like 20 minutes away from me) would there be any supermarket which had burgers like that frozen and ready to cook? and if so is there a particular name for this style of burger? (hamburguesa dominicana?).

The one thing I noticed which was odd while I was in DR was that everyplace that served fries had them cut small. I didnt understand this at all, in the us, fries are usually long and in DR they're usually cut short.

jcarn

Jun 28, 2004
i needed a good laugh to start off the day.

what's so funny? :p

I think the burgers in DR taste good, I think they add like seasoning or something to the meat while it's ground beef and that makes it taste different.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
You can make your own. Recipe.

435909239_62483ca984.jpg