Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom07

Mar 24, 2007
HI,

Can anyone tell me if the Piergiorgio Palace Hotel is any good. I will have my daughter and her boyfriend along with my mom on this trip. I just need a nice clean place to stay. My daughter is already in the DR on a mission trip.
We are traveling in Puerto Plata on April 6th returning on April 10th. I was thinking Sosua would be a good area to stay in.

mom07

Mar 24, 2007
HI,

Can anyone tell me if the Piergiorgio Palace Hotel is any good. I will have my daughter and her boyfriend along with my mom on this trip. I just need a nice clean place to stay. My daughter is already in the DR on a mission trip.
We are traveling in Puerto Plata on April 6th returning on April 10th. I was thinking Sosua would be a good area to stay in.[/QUOTE]

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Piergiorgio is a nice hotel with a great view. They don't keep it up like they should, but overall I think you will like it.

Just don't eat in the restaurant. The food is bad and ridiculously over priced. You can eat at the Pizza and Pasta restaurant on the Terrace, as it is not owned by Piergiorgio and is decent and not pricey. There are many good restaurants in Sosua. If you want you can PM me for some.

mom07

Mar 24, 2007
Can you tell me of another hotel maybe. I was looking at Hotel Casa Cayena, Hotel Waterfront and Sosua By The Sea.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Of the ones mentioned Sosua by the Sea I would recommend. They have large suites or regular rooms. It is on the Ocean with two pools.

I would not take the AI option. You can rent just the room and use all the facilities without the free food and drinks. You can still eat there if you want, but you will pay for it.

There are many good restaurants in the area and the food in the hotels is marginal at best. Sosua by the Sea does have a regular restaurant named Joseph?s. I never ate there but I heard it is good but very expensive for Sosua.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Does it have to be ocean view?

Take a look at these:

Casa Valeria
Very nice, small, friendly, clean .. stayed there last month -- twice.

New Garden Hotel - Sosua
Well reported -- haven't stayed there myself since the new ownership

Hotel Waterfront-Dominican Republic Resort Caribbean Vacation Packages,Travel Caribbean Travel Discounts,All Inclusive Travel Puerto Plata Beach Resort For Sale,Beachfront Cottage Caribbean Resorts
Try to get the price down a bit -- they tend to start off quoting high.

Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic
Perhaps a bit on the basic side for your particular needs. Good place to eat.

There is a half decent map of Sosua -- link on the left hand column of this site. Casa valeria and New Garden and Rocky's are on Dr Rosen bewteen Pedro CLisante and Alejo Martinez.

The Waterfront is just to the left of the circl that marks Casa Marina. None of these are more than ten minutes walk from he main beach. At the waterfront you have the Casa Marina beach on your doorstep.

Untitled

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2005
I have stayed at the La Puntillia Piergiorgio Hotel twice. I think it is a excellent hotel room wise. I ate at the resturant once, and cant remember anything bad about it...the view is great ....the room is great and it is a good price as well... Id stay there again anytime.

The room we had at Sosua by the sea was alittle bit bigger and had a king bed with an extra rom with a pull out bed and TV. but the bathroom wasnt near as nice as the Piergiorgio's.....and the the SBTS hotel is a little further walk from the center of town...

SBTS has a small beach...the piergiorgio doesnt have any beach....you trade the view( really nice) for the beach....because i had bad balcony door that wouldnt close at SBTS....Id give it a slightly less thunbs up to it over the other hotel. overall

good luck

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.