Hip Hop/R&B/Top 40 in Punta cana?

RichMoneymaker

Jul 1, 2006
Sorry for the inconvenience but Ive been to punta cana only once, and the resort we stayed at had absolutely no north-american/ European flavour in the disco. Not that I minded very much, but after a full week I wanted some of the music i was more familiar with. I tried asking the DJ to play some he said yah in 5 minutes but that never happened. Are there any clubs that play american music? Ive heard about Mangu but im unclear as to wether or not they play american music there.. any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks in advance
~Rich

moto

Sep 21, 2006
Mangu is probably more up your alley...there are two levels - the top level is all house/techno/electronica all the time and the bottom level is top 40, R&B and mostly reggaeton...lots and lots of reggaeton. They play the occasional salsa/merengue/bachata but far less than your average disco on a resort. Have fun!

lells

Feb 12, 2007
mangu- good for hip hop/rnb/reggaeton! arieto - also good for hip hop n rnb. also pacha at the riu is a good night out, good mix of music and cheap drinks. helen x

*kingpin*

May 7, 2007
Does anyone know the type of music they play at the Majestic colonial? I really hope they have hip hop and rnb at least on one of the nights Im staying there ... that bang bang thud music does nothing for me!!