passports

bigbunny

Sep 14, 2006
a friend of mine needs to no if you now need a passport to travel to the dominican. can anyone let me no if this is now true.
thanks

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
a friend of mine needs to no if you now need a passport to travel to the dominican. can anyone let me no if this is now true.
thanks

Since you appear to be posting from Canada the answer is No...

A photo ID Driver's License and a Birth Certificate will do just fine as long as your flight is non-stop between Canada and the DR.

Gregg

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Gregg,

Can you double check with Signature Vacations there please. I have reports that Signature is requiring a passport!

I have asked here and I am not getting consistant answers.

Thanks

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I went through the booking process until I was given the Documentation Requirements...

"Documentation Requirements

It is your full responsibility and expense to obtain all documents (passport, visas, etc) required by the government authorities in the country of destination. This may vary depending on your citizenship status.

Unaccompanied minors (less than 18 years of age) and single parents travelling with children may require special documentation. Canadian Citizens born in certain countries may require a visa in addition to a valid passport. A permanent resident card will be required for permanent residents/landed immigrants who are not Canadian citizens.

We strongly recommend that you travel with a valid passport and be prepared to present government issued photo identification before boarding a flight. Passports may have to be valid for six months beyond the date of the expected return to Canada.

If you need to know which documents are required, please contact Signature Vacations at 1-866-324-2883 before booking."

Bottom line - passports are a "recommendation" not a requirement.

Furthermore from the websote of the Dominican Embassy in Canada:

"
For Canadian citizens

We recommend that everyone travels with a valid passport; however, Canadian citizens can enter the Dominican Republic with their original birth certificate accompanied by a government issued picture ID (i.e. Drivers License, Health Card). If the person was not born in Canada they can travel with their original citizenship card instead of a birth certificate.

For Permanent Residents of Canada (Landed Immigrants)

To enter the Dominican Republic, all Permanent Residents of Canada must meet hold a valid passport from their country of origin. The requirement for visas and/or tourist card will depend on the country of origin. Please verify the list of Countries of which its citizens can travel with visa, tourist cards or none."

Net result - the same.

Gregg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
BUNNY: When the phuck are you going to learn?
I posted this a long time ago!! Sh!~t don't be so stupit!

Dear Big bunny:
The Grammar Police have asked me to tell you that the use of "Dominican" with no noun is unacceptable. "Dominican" is an adjective and therefore must modify something...Dominican people, Dominican Republic. Get the idea?

Okay, that is settled.

Now, regarding a two or three month stay this winter. What a wonderful idea.
You do not really have to worry about over-staying your Tourist Card. The fines are very little. You can find a list of them elsewhere on this board.

Regarding where you want to go----well, this is a place with everything from dry deserts, to high mountains to lush tropical rain forests with beaches, rivers and nice cities thrown in the mix.

Perhaps you could start on the North Shore at a place like Cabarete or Sos?a and get a feel for what's up.....
And then venture on to different places.

Have fun.

You have obviously p!ssed off the Grammar Police and will be strapped with wet beach towels!!

HB

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Thanks Gregg, back to the passport issue.

Several posters have reported to me being told by Signature (via the Holiday Village thread) that they required a Canadian Passport.

Thanks for posting the info to clear it up.