CIDER in the DR

Poppykat

Mar 26, 2007
Hi guys

I am due to stay in the Bahia Principe in Cayo Laventado in May but was wondering if anyone knows if any of the hotels in Samana does cider. My partner is partial to the odd drop or three :squareeye

I've heard of cider called La Benedicta but not sure if the hotel where we will be staying will stock it.

Any replies greatfully received.

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
you wont find it in the hotels yet as it appears its new here;and if they do; it will cost.a small bottle cost around 75 rd to 100 in the colmados my friend told me,i have not even found it in the supermarkets or colmados yet,but i have seen the empty bottles lying around,good luck .

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
you wont find it in the hotels yet as it appears its new here;and if they do; it will cost.a small bottle cost around 75 rd to 100 in the colmados my friend told me,i have not even found it in the supermarkets or colmados yet,but i have seen the empty bottles lying around,good luck .

The La Sirena stores are selling it.......for about 45 pesos for the small bottle.
Good stuff. The alcohol content is 6%

C

Chip00

Hi guys

I am due to stay in the Bahia Principe in Cayo Laventado in May but was wondering if anyone knows if any of the hotels in Samana does cider. My partner is partial to the odd drop or three :squareeye

I've heard of cider called La Benedicta but not sure if the hotel where we will be staying will stock it.

We have it here in Santiago in our local small super - I almost bought it but was afraid to try - does it just taste like normal apple cider but with a "kick"?

Good luck

Poppykat

Mar 26, 2007
Thanks all of you for your replies, hopefully I will get to try it whilst I am out there.

bigD

Aug 11, 2003
La Benedicta is apple flavoured soda with a shot of grain alcohol - the only sidra it contains is on the label - mix one day and bottle the next - made in SDO

BD

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
Hi guys

lot of the big supermarkets stock a variety of ciders.
check them out if you grt the chance.:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
La Benedicta is apple flavoured soda with a shot of grain alcohol - the only sidra it contains is on the label - mix one day and bottle the next - made in SDO

BD
Link, please.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
what sort of link would you like?
One that shows what you say is true.

I understand the brewing process. You can't get the subtle flavors that La Benedicta has by just adding grain alcohol to "apple flavored soda". But, hey, maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

I'd just like to know where you got your information.