Al Horford

TheOP

Jul 14, 2006
Somerville, MA
Do you guys know him? He's the starting center of the Florida Gators in the NCAA, was born in Puerto Plata to Tito Horford and could go on to become the first pick of the next NBA draft. Wow, that would be something: the first pick of the NBA draft, a Dominican!!!

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Excuse me but you don't know anything about college basketball or how NBA executives draft! The first pick in the NBA draft HA! That's a good joke. This years first pick will either be freshmen phenoms Kevin Durant or Greg Oden. Al Horford is not even a NCAA 1st team All-American, he's a 3rd team! Before Al Horford is chosen, Joaquim Noah, Aaron Grey, Al Thorton, and Jeff Green will be chosen. Al Horford is not even a lottery pick! He might be a late first rounder, early second round pick.

TheOP

Jul 14, 2006
Somerville, MA
Excuse me but you don't know anything about college basketball or how NBA executives draft! The first pick in the NBA draft HA! That's a good joke. This years first pick will either be freshmen phenoms Kevin Durant or Greg Oden. Al Horford is not even a NCAA 1st team All-American, he's a 3rd team! Before Al Horford is chosen, Joaquim Noah, Aaron Grey, Al Thorton, and Jeff Green will be chosen. Al Horford is not even a lottery pick! He might be a late first rounder, early second round pick.

We'll see about that.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
3rd Team All American

Al is a trird team All American. He is not about to be the first pick in the NBA draft. He most certainly will not even be the first U of F player drafted.

TheOP

Jul 14, 2006
Somerville, MA
Ok, so I admit it was an exaggeration of mine to say that Horford could be the first pick, but notice I say he COULD be it (it still is a possibility and not that far-fetched). You on the other hand are saying that he might be a second rounder or a late first rounder. However, he's projected to be pick #4 by ESPN and other sources. So if you look at it objectively, my prediction is extremely much closer to what seems will actually happen than yours.

Let's just wait and see. He could stay one more year with the Gators.

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
ESPN is not the authority. I heard Fran Fraschilla praising Horford, "he's the prototypical forward".. blah, blah, blah. They just won the championship, of course ESPN and other analysts will be praising them, they're all kiss-ups, it's propaganda. The draft is about two and a half months away, many tryouts and tests need to be done. I still doubt his basketball IQ. Frankly he is not a scorer, average rebounder, and a good defender. The NBA drafts mostly on potential, it's the reason Kwayme Brown (bust), Micheal Olowakandi (bust), and many other unproven college ballplayers are chosen so high. I still believe he will be chosen after the 15th pick (non-lottery). The only reason he is saved is because the NBA will not draft players out of high school, but they're still players from Europe we don't know about. I've been following Dominicans in college b-ball for a "long" time, and none to date have made a real impact in the NBA. The only player with potential, but is injury prone is Charlie Villanueva. I still remember all the busts and failures: Felipe Lopez, Luis Flores, and Francisco Garcia (currently with Kings). Francisco Garcia and Luis Flores are two good examples of stellar college ball players that have not done well in the NBA. Both of them had stellar performances in either the NCAA or NIT tournaments.

ESPN and most analysts are jokes. They go with the flow, and then say they knew all along who was going to win.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Horford's stock has been rising steadily. Most mock drafts now have him going #4, behind only Oden, Durant, and the Brandt kid from Carolina. All are freshmen, and none have declared for the draft yet, so in the (highly unlikely) event that they all decide to return to school, theoretically Horford could go #1.

TheOP

Jul 14, 2006
Somerville, MA
Now you had a very bad prediction about Horford, Heketi, You said he would not even be amont the top fifteen pics. What do we have here? My pronostications were far closer to what actually happened. I hope this teaches you to assess your own judgments about future before assuming other persons' predictions are preposterous.

ESPN is not the authority. I heard Fran Fraschilla praising Horford, "he's the prototypical forward".. blah, blah, blah. They just won the championship, of course ESPN and other analysts will be praising them, they're all kiss-ups, it's propaganda. The draft is about two and a half months away, many tryouts and tests need to be done. I still doubt his basketball IQ. Frankly he is not a scorer, average rebounder, and a good defender. The NBA drafts mostly on potential, it's the reason Kwayme Brown (bust), Micheal Olowakandi (bust), and many other unproven college ballplayers are chosen so high. I still believe he will be chosen after the 15th pick (non-lottery). The only reason he is saved is because the NBA will not draft players out of high school, but they're still players from Europe we don't know about. I've been following Dominicans in college b-ball for a "long" time, and none to date have made a real impact in the NBA. The only player with potential, but is injury prone is Charlie Villanueva. I still remember all the busts and failures: Felipe Lopez, Luis Flores, and Francisco Garcia (currently with Kings). Francisco Garcia and Luis Flores are two good examples of stellar college ball players that have not done well in the NBA. Both of them had stellar performances in either the NCAA or NIT tournaments.

ESPN and most analysts are jokes. They go with the flow, and then say they knew all along who was going to win.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Now you had a very bad prediction about Horford, Heketi, You said he would not even be amont the top fifteen pics. What do we have here? My pronostications were far closer to what actually happened. I hope this teaches you to assess your own judgments about future before assuming other persons' predictions are preposterous.

Wow!!!!

Theop, you certainly kept your cool and at the end came on swinging strong making Heketi look mentally challanged...lol

I like that my friend.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002

heketi it looks like you my friend is no longer "the lion of Cacicazgo" but the pussy cat from Cacicazgo....TheOp for sure declawed your arce..lol....Now can I get a Meeaaaaooooo...