What's the best RESORT in Punta Cana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dresposa

Oct 7, 2005
I've decided to have a birthday party in punta cana- never made it to that part of the island before. Would someone please tell me the top resorts to stay at ($280 a night maximum-)? Not interested in food poisoning, bad service, etc. Secrets Excellence Punta Cana looks nice- but looks can be deceiving. Please Advise. Thank You.:bunny:

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
I moved your thread as it belongs in the "East Coast" forum and not in the "Best" forum. The "Best" forum is for that which has been determined by the poster to be the best in the DR.

After your visit how about a trip report in our "Trip Report" forum so everyone can read about your good and or bad experience while here. If after your trip you should think that a particular hotel in Punta Cana is the 'best' that you have ever stayed at in your visits to our island then feel more then welcome to post such in the "Best in the DR" forum.

Enjoy your trip.

Rick

Edited to add;

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, before the fact.

Feb 7, 2007
As far as the "best" resort goes, I would probably say Paradissus Palma Real, followed by Paradissus Punta Cana, followed by Melia Caribe Tropical, followed by Riu Palace Punta Cana, followed by Bahia Principe, followed by Ocean Blue, followed by Barcelo Palace, followed by Sunscape the Beach.

Now, the first 4 would not be in the Price range you suggested (max US$280 per night) = I guess per room. Or is it per person? If it is per person, you can go straight to the top of the list.

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
Secrets Execellence is one of the best, in Punta Cana.
I was there about a year ago and me and my wife were very impress with the quality and services in this hotel.

dresposa

Oct 7, 2005
=) Time to Book

Thanks... greatly appreciated. Actually I found all of those hotels that were mentioned above for 160-240 a night for 2 people. I am a bargain hunter, i always find deals..lol

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
I stayed at the Melia Caribe Tropical in January and found it to be a wonderful resort! I had no complaints and would go there again in a heartbeat! The food was wonderful and the drinks just right!! lol! There was always something to do and everywhere was spotless at all times!

A beautiful resort - I would definitely recommend it to my family and friends - I hope that helps!

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
It depends on what you are looking for. The best resort is Paradisus Palama Real, class and luxury, fun, Majestic Colonial, Bahia Principe. (higher end)

Keep in mind, you do get what you pay for.

Have fun.

mattm

Feb 28, 2007
Just booked at the Palma Real...

I just switched my booking in May to the Palma Real based on recommendations here and trip advisor after learning that the Bavaro Princess had a fire. I got a royal service regal ocean view suite, and I certainly hope its as good as people say. I've been to the Bavaro Princess and Iberostar Bavaro so far...

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
I just switched my booking in May to the Palma Real based on recommendations here and trip advisor after learning that the Bavaro Princess had a fire. I got a royal service regal ocean view suite, and I certainly hope its as good as people say. I've been to the Bavaro Princess and Iberostar Bavaro so far...

I'm sure you won't be disappointed, but I'm not sure the Royal Service is worth the money. (just my opinion).

mattm

Feb 28, 2007
I'm sure you won't be disappointed, but I'm not sure the Royal Service is worth the money. (just my opinion).

Well, the difference for 2 people for the week from my cost at the Bavaro Princess was only about CAD$700, so I figure I might as well splurge.

Redtop

Mar 19, 2007
I have heard GREAT things about the Occidental and then I have heard not so good. We are going there next year. I hope the good wins out!

7tomek7

Apr 1, 2007
I have read opinions on Tripadvisor.com and decided to go to Iberostar Bavaro, however I thought about Bahia Principe earlier.

mattm

Feb 28, 2007
I have read opinions on Tripadvisor.com and decided to go to Iberostar Bavaro, however I thought about Bahia Principe earlier.

Iberostar Bavaro is a nice place, really quiet when I was there on the week before xmas. The disco is in the resort next door (you have access to 2 adjacent places), and at least a couple of the nights I went there was a good crowd...

Status
Not open for further replies.