Villa Rosada

Status
Not open for further replies.

yungman

Jan 13, 2007
People robbed there

If this place is across from the car wash & next to orilla del mar I would stay away. Family was robbed there at gun point . Guard was shot . It is very nice & on a great sand beach Not great for swimming riptides.:ermm:

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
I've looked at pics of this villa before and it does look gorgeous - me and my girls do like a bit of pink.....

Did this robbery and shooting happen recently? I don't remember hearing anything about it? Do you have anymore details?

kenmasters

Mar 13, 2007
If this place is across from the car wash & next to orilla del mar I would stay away. Family was robbed there at gun point . Guard was shot . It is very nice & on a great sand beach Not great for swimming riptides.:ermm:

When did this happen?

I've spoke to the property manager and he did mentioned that he has 24 hour security. plus, i noticed this place received alot of accolades for their attentive customer services and location.

MGoss

Mar 28, 2007
My friend just told me she read about Villa Rosada on here and the robbery that occurred while we were there. I think I need to clarify what happened. We woke up on our second morning there and were told that there was a robbery at a neighboring property and a guard was shot. What I discovered was that the lady that was robbed (a local), thought she might know who the people were and the guard who shot after them, received a small wound from when whoever was fleeing shot back. In fact, we seen the guard the next day and he was showing off his scratch.

They think its either people they knew or was from a construction site nearby.

We were never harmed nor where we even aware anything happened. It almost felt like we were back in the USA! haha Just kidding!!!

The owner though was very disturbed about it and called us from Canada I believe he is from. He had never heard of anything like that happening and was very upset (more so then us). He was awesome to deal with from our hectic flight arrangments (2 of us from Newwark, 2 from Miami) to airport pick-up, etc.

The villa and property itself is breathtaking, the pictures do not do it justice. The maids name is Carmen, she is a doll. The pool, hot tub, and beach were cleaned daily. There was constuction on a Gazebo while we were there that I wished would have been done as it would have been nice to get out of the sun and still be outside, but it was not. (I hear it is now though).

Its all marble inside, with waterfalls as walls, a formal kitchen and a beach/pool kitchen, its really nice. The rooftop hotub was a dream, as it overlooks everything.

Oh and unlike most dominican beaches, they have a private permit, similar to hotels, thus the jobs of the guards. I also liked the fact that you have to go through the guards to get inside the gated community.

We girls travel alot together and have so for the past 15 years. I would strongly recommend Villa Rosada, in fact, it was the best villa and area we have ever been too. Feel free to email me if you have any further questions.

Monica

kenmasters

Mar 13, 2007
My friend just told me she read about Villa Rosada on here and the robbery that occurred while we were there. I think I need to clarify what happened. We woke up on our second morning there and were told that there was a robbery at a neighboring property and a guard was shot. What I discovered was that the lady that was robbed (a local), thought she might know who the people were and the guard who shot after them, received a small wound from when whoever was fleeing shot back. In fact, we seen the guard the next day and he was showing off his scratch.

We were never harmed nor where we even aware anything happened. It almost felt like we were back in the USA! haha Just kidding!!!

The owner though was very disturbed about it and called us from Canada I believe he is from. He had never heard of anything like that happening and was very upset (more so then us). He was awesome to deal with from our hectic flight arrangments (2 of us from Newwark, 2 from Miami) to airport pick-up, etc.

The villa and property itself is breathtaking, the pictures do not do it justice. The maids name is Carmen, she is a doll. The pool, hot tub, and beach were cleaned daily. There was constuction on a Gazebo while we were there that I wished would have been done as it would have been nice to get out of the sun and still be outside, but it was not. (I hear it is now though).

Its all marble inside, with waterfalls as walls, a formal kitchen and a beach/pool kitchen, its really nice. The rooftop hotub was a dream, as it overlooks everything.

Oh and unlike most dominican beaches, they have a private permit, similar to hotels, thus the jobs of the guards. I also liked the fact that you have to go through the guards to get inside the gated community.

We girls travel alot together and have so for the past 15 years. I would strongly recommend Villa Rosada, in fact, it was the best villa and area we have ever been too. Feel free to email me if you have any further questions.

Monica

Thank you so much. it was really helpful. I am so looking forward to staying there during the 4th july week.

yungman

Jan 13, 2007
A Shill

:paranoid:

Monica

Robbed at gunpoint guard shot by fleeing gunman & it was the best villa the girls went to?
PS there are no private beaches in DR

MGoss

Mar 28, 2007
Thank you so much. it was really helpful. I am so looking forward to staying there during the 4th july week.

Hi Ken,

This is Cindi, Monica's friend on her laptop early morning before work. :squareeye . Your going to love it! We totally and truely thought it was the best place we have ever stayed at and the town of Cabarete has the best food around! We were blown away when we heard there was a negative comment on this place, thus my interest this morning. But now I am jealous, its so cold again here!! PS: Have Carmen make you one of her home-made Pina Colada's. She gets the guards to climb the tree's and get you fresh coconuts, which become your insulated drink mugs for the day! Rumor has it these are DIET Coconuts, whatever you put in them become the new diet drinks! haha. Have fun!! :bunny:

yungman

Jan 13, 2007
A few weeks ago

I've looked at pics of this villa before and it does look gorgeous - me and my girls do like a bit of pink.....

Did this robbery and shooting happen recently? I don't remember hearing anything about it? Do you have anymore details?

It was Late feb/07. More details follow but we were staying nearby & everyone at this condo was a little worried esp. the people on the 1 st floor.his condo doubled security & we saw police on the beach for the next few days.
Generally I found the area safe but stay off the beaches at nite it is a 3 rd world country.

Status
Not open for further replies.