catalonia or iberostar

D

Dan

We are going to DR in May and staying in Punta Cana at Catalonia or Iberostar. I must say that after reading the reviews in DR1 we are thinking of scratching the whole thing, while after we had read most reviews from debbies website, most were very positive about both.

Anyhow, which, if either, might one choose!!??

Thanks, Dan

B

Barb

We just got back from Punta Cana yesterday (05/12/00). It was absolutely wonderful! We stayed at the Iberostar, and it was the best vacation I have ever had. If you have any questions you want answered, let me know and I can tell you about our trip.

J

Jfelix

Catalonia is a relative a new Hotel.but I`d choose for the beach area.the Iberostar it has a cleaner beach.

L

LBARUBA99

Just returned on Monday for 8 days at the Catalonia Beach.

One word describes this hotel: BEAUTIFUL!!!

Been all over Caribbean and this hotel and grounds beats all!!!

The beach has hundreds of palm trees, beautiful water, clean, clean, clean, beach.

There are no other hotels around. The next hotels are a half hours walk away -- the allegros, natura park hotels. Nice hotels, but not as nice as the Catalonia.

Any questions, you can e-mail me back.

J

Jfelix

When I said that Iberostar beach area is cleaner I meant that there are less sedweed.

L

LBARUBA99

There was NO seaweed at the Catalonia. If there was a little at 7:00 am, it was gone by 7:15 am by the "men in green" who picked up every piece of seaweed in the resort. We had very CLEAR water.