Exporting Organic Bananas

LosDeezy

Feb 15, 2006
Currently venturing into the export business of Certified Organic Bananas and wish to establish contacts with importers in the U.S. or Europe to purchase. As of right now through agreement with the producers able to supply 15 containers weekly with possibilty to increase. Contacts as of now minimal. Any advice or help especifically in regards to buyers/contacts you might know greatly appreciated.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Send a PM or look for posts on this board by "D.D.". He is one of the largest organic exporters on the planet.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
At this stage you should have contacts already. Where are you exporting to currently? Really, it is better to choose something else than the US as a market. The players are too big and they can kill you in a New York Minute. Canada is another story.

If you can contact retails chains directly, and get commitments in writing directly, you have a hope in this market. If not, well ... .

The producers will tell you anything. I can go tomorrow and get the producers to promise me 100?s of containers.

Which port are you shipping out of?

Donsiras

Jan 2, 2009
Possibility to Import Banannas, Vegetables, etc into USA

May have possibility to partner with exporters in DR as I am looking to and have channels of distribution in NYC.
Price, customs, and freight would be the key elements for me to be interested.