Is lamb a meat you enjoy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
When I responded to an early thread about importing goods from UK I happened to mention that we would like Mint Jelly to go with the sheep we are raising so we can have proper roast lamb for dinner. Several people have picked up on this and I am wondering if anyone else is interested?

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
When I responded to an early thread about importing goods from UK I happened to mention that we would like Mint Jelly to go with the sheep we are raising so we can have proper roast lamb for dinner. Several people have picked up on this and I am wondering if anyone else is interested?

Could you post the info on what goes into raising a lamb? What do you feed them, and do you shave them. How much would they cost?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Lamb

They are basically African sheep so don't have woolly coats as such. They eat plenty of grass and we supplement them with grain as and when needed. They need regular parasite injections or oral medication every 3 months but that is about it.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I love lamb... but hate the mint stuff some use... I like more the Provencal type of flavouring, garlic and herbs, salt and some tabasco or Tunesian harissa.
I am in Puerto Plata so, if you ever come outta your sector towards here please do not hesitate to bring a 1/4 of lamb along.

... J-D.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Lamb

Hi J.D.
Thanks for your response. Cooked my lamb on Sunday with garlic and rosemary and it was lovely. You are welcome to the 1/4 but we don't offer a delivery service...

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Hi J.D.
Thanks for your response. Cooked my lamb on Sunday with garlic and rosemary and it was lovely. You are welcome to the 1/4 but we don't offer a delivery service...

I did not really expect it either... I appreciate the offering of good meat as such. I will give you all a holler when ever I will visit your neck of the woods.
I peel the garlic an cut each piece in half... long side and stick'em deep into the meat, after sticking a thin knife into it to guide the garlic along the blade. Rosemary ist THE herb for lamb IMHO, harissa is THE hot stuff to "orientalize" it.

Meanwhile I am makeing friends with chivo... which is not the same but good too.

Thanks! ... J-D.

Nikki Simon

Nov 10, 2002
I am very interested in purchasing lamb - can you give me more details regarding minimum quantity and price?

Can taste it already........

Harrod

May 17, 2006
Music to my ears,am from England also and would kill [not literally]for a piece of Lamb,Please can I have more exact directions,and expect me shortly||Will look out recipe for mint jelly. Looking forward to it already...Harrod

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Lamb

We are very new to this but are hoping to supply them as a whole or half a lamb to start with but because of the volume of interest think we might be getting new freezers to cope with requests. What are you looking for?
Obviously our current flock of 45 (one born today) is not going to cope with demand....

morenita inglesa

Jan 7, 2007
I'll be in the DR at the end of next month. I'm not really one for cooking on holiday but I'd love to show my in-laws how us brits do a sunday roast.
How much for a leg and how can I contact you/find you when I get there?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
They are basically African sheep so don't have woolly coats as such. They eat plenty of grass and we supplement them with grain as and when needed. They need regular parasite injections or oral medication every 3 months but that is about it.

Hey whirleybird, you mention African sheep? What would the breed be? (Seeing that I grew up on that continent and my parents were in the meat business I'm curious :laugh:) And also, did you import the animals?

A

apostropheman

is the whine included?:bunny:
Hi J.D.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You guys are never gonna catch me!

433wbki.jpg

tam baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.