Cosmetologist/Hair Stylist?

Celery013

Sep 21, 2006
I have a question about employment opportunities for a licensed cosmetologist/hair stylist.

My friend and I are looking into moving to the DR. I'm in the job market for a teaching position, but my friend is an experienced hair stylist, an she would be looking for a job in her field. Any ideas about where we can find some info?

Any insight would be much appreciated! :classic:

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
Well I don't know....

I live in Sosua. With regard to the hairstylist part, there are indeed hairstylists on every corner here, but I'm not sure how good they all are in terms of the type of funky modern cut you could get from a good UK hairdresser, for example.

The salons here can do wonderful things with extensions and styling and are not that bad at colour but I've yet to see anyone with a really good hair CUT which just falls back into place. It all looks a bit `frumpy' compared to the type of cuts you get in UK. For example, if you wanted an asymmetric bob that requires precision cutting I wouldn't trust any of them. Of course the argument from a lot of DR1ers would be, how many people here are in the market for that?

I think if you were a `mobile' hairdresser and offered you services as a `modern' stylist to the expat community then you might be able to cut yourself a `niche', so to speak. Just a suggestion....

victoriac

May 17, 2007
spaces.msn.com
1st client

I think if you were a `mobile' hairdresser and offered you services as a `modern' stylist to the expat community then you might be able to cut yourself a `niche', so to speak. Just a suggestion....

Just please let me know if your friend does so... I'm moving in next july and, - sadly, I know - one of my biggest concerns is about getting a good hairdresser, UK alike, I'm extremelly fussy with my hair and it demands a lot of precission cutting, so I voluntarilly offer myself to be your friends' first client :bunny:

Jpa

Mar 3, 2008
Has anyone ever heard of a salon in a resort I think that would be a great business opertunity. lots of tourists

russboy

Mar 7, 2008
We are openning a hair style salon (unisex) in Cabarete, Camino del Sol. We are now working mostly visiting the clients at their homes - we dont have the full equipment for the salon now. But the good news is - the hair stylist is a very good professional with more then 10 years of experience. We will tell a little later about our experience in the North Coast of Dominicana.
So if somebody needs a perfect style haircut or a model look (or even the intimate haircut and bikini design and many other options) you are welcome to call us on the cell. (829)935-74-04 (eng) and (829) 85-77-9-77 (rus) Nataly

SatinPeach

Feb 18, 2008
We are planning to move to DR in about 10 - 11 months all going well and I am both a nurse (with a bad back :( so can't lift) and I'm an aesthetician, doing manicures/pedicures, waxing, lash and brow tinting. don't know if that would be of benefit to anyone?

karen.s

Sep 12, 2007
uk trained hairdresser at las ca?as

karen.s, the DR1 is not a place where you can advertise without paying your advertising costs. Please contact robert@dr1.com for advertising rates.

Last edited by a moderator:

karen.s

Sep 12, 2007
uk trained hair dresser at las canas

I an very sorry , i did ask the salon owners if it was ok , and they said it was as las ca?as uses dr1, so once again iam very sorry.

jupe

Sep 7, 2007
Hi there, we are currently looking to hire some more employees. We need a great stylist, and an established massage therapist, however we are looking at all options and possibilities. Please visit the directories page on this website, and click through to Philip Armstrong Salons for our contact info. Many thanks.