employment ideas needed

Tika

Mar 19, 2007
Just checking in to see if anyone has employment opportunities and/or ideas for the Santiago area. I have recently moved here and am only able to find telemarketing positions in the immediate area. I know that beggars can not be choosers but I would like to avoid this area, as I know from past experience that this is not my cup of tea.

I am a college graduate and have international program management experience as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

ovbabies

Apr 16, 2007
Employment

Hi,

Have you considered teaching English? Go to the Dominico Americano and go to the 2nd floor. Ask to speak with the Director of operations... It is not a bad way to start and despite the fact that it is not your arena, you will receive training...

good luck and enjoy your opportunities

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
ovbabies,

Is there a website for this institution? What type of credentials does one need to teach in the Dominican Republic?

thanks,

curlyq

ovbabies

Apr 16, 2007
hello

With your degree and the ability you have of speaking the language is enough. Remember, you will be trained for the position. Trust me, I did it for 3 years and I became a teacher. If you need any additional info, please let me know: ovbabies@aol.com

I don't think that the institution in Santiago has a page but for your info, there is one in la vega and another one in the capital.

look it up as Centro Cultural Dominico Americano.

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
ovbabies

I am not the OP. I am interested in knowing more so I will pm you.

Thanks

curlyq