Sanky Panky video & translation

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
Putfile - sanki panki

Did anyone ever translate this video and post it anywhere? I am taking a graduate level "Group Dynamics" class and decided to do my oral presentation on Sankies. I would love to show this video to give the viewers a visual of what I am talking about and be able to explain a little of what is going on. If anyone could sum up what is said I would really really appreciate it.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I think the topic is very interesting and if more people are aware of these slugs they won't be taken advantage of. What better way to do it.

I was surprised to find out how many people--friends/ friends of friends/co-workers shared their sankie/sankiette experiences after I mentioned it. Who sent money, who sent a cell phone, who married one and almost lost their house. I'm sure many of these people would've been more suspicious or cautious if they had known about them and may not have fallen for the bait.

Since that this is a college class with the DR being so close and cheap a lot of college students will go.

Knowlege is power as they say!!!!!

Remember to talk about the woman that do it too.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
A lot of people don't know about this site. I found out about this site AFTER my sister returned from an intership in the DR. After that is when I found out about Sankies. I never heard of the term. I found out from this site.

You have a point with how many women are in denial '' Not my man. He's different. He love's me. I'm his reina. I'm special. Sure, I'll chop my arm off if you want me to"

But my point is if someone can tell these young women what the game is BEFORE they go there then at least they have half a chance. If you try to tell them after--- it's over--they're done-- we can just sit back and watch them being reeled in.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I'm curious to know what it says as well. So share please!!!!!

Good luck tonight!!

By the way--- Some of my co-workers went to the DR. Prior to them going I filled them in to all of the antics. When they returned-- of course they met chicas,....... I forwarded them the sankie info. Sure enough one of them received an e mail last week----- There has been an accident.... they knew all about the scam---- so......

Education does work

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
I'm curious to know what it says as well. So share please!!!!!

Good luck tonight!!

By the way--- Some of my co-workers went to the DR. Prior to them going I filled them in to all of the antics. When they returned-- of course they met chicas,....... I forwarded them the sankie info. Sure enough one of them received an e mail last week----- There has been an accident.... they knew all about the scam---- so......

Education does work

Just an update to let you know the presentation went well. It was the last class and the professor was not there so it was video taped (she is stuck in NYC) first thing i did was ask anyone if they had ever heard of the term sanky panky, or sankie for short? Of course all 16 said "no." Then i asked if anyone had ever gone on vacation to carribean or mexico, and stayed at a resort, some said yes. then i asked those who had if they recall an animation team (as an example) and explained they were the guys that entertain by dancing, etc and they didn't know what i was talking about (as i expected, ps. i told them not all are sankies at the end as a disclaimer) so i went on with the presentation, most of the info i got right here from DR1 and played the video and read the translation. Then to end it I actually read two stories from girls who posted here wanting to know if their boy was a sankie...I really think the class enjoyed it. They chuckled at times. One woman mentioned that neither of the sankies were cute. One said she wished she had known about them before she went on vacation so that she could have been on the look out. So i think it went well. Definitely educated 16 more folks out there and did a little DR promotion while i was at it! I told them not to let sankies scare them from vacationing or honeymooning there just to beware!!! Below is the translation that i do not take credit for but wish i could:

What leads a young person to the desperation of selling themselves in exchange for a fistful of dollars? Necessity, they say, and this provokes this type of young person?an investigation by Liliana Marin?

Interviewer-They arrive like birds of prey every year from far-off countries in search of sun, tans and (unintelligible phrase) of this part of the world.

But the Europeans have found another pleasure on their vacations to the Caribbean?the passion and attention of young men like Rudy who await them with open arms and open pockets?

RUDY- ?Those women, there are many who live with older gentlemen, and they come here also?there are many Italian women and in Italy there are a lot of black men, but over there it is expensive. Over here (in the DR) its? less expensive. They find black men for less cost.?

They are known as Sanky Pankys? young athletic men that for a few dollars, euros or a visa to a foreign country sell their bodies to the highest bidder. Though only at it for one year, Rudy is earning $100 US a night and he has learned a valuable lesson-never charge before services have been rendered.

RUDY- ?There are times when if you can manage it you don?t ask (for payment) up front.
There are times when you say, ?No, no-it?s alright? if you know that she?s going to stay a week or 15 days you tell her ?NO!!? And then when she leaves she gives you even more (money).?

This is the famous Calle Duarte (Duarte Street) in Boca Chica. In reality it is four blocks where on weekends hundreds of tourists arrive in search of young men or women to have a good time.

It also begins in the discoth?ques, and end in some hotels where the clients are allowed to bring guests.

RUDY- ?Hot, Hot?you already know after you?ve left the disco, both of you drunk(or a little tipsy-translation for the word ?bebido?) if she is hot(meaning ready for some action).

Every weekend when Duarte Street closes its streets to vehicular traffic Rudy goes out in his best clothes, wearing cologne and with a happy smile on his face ready for the conquest.

RUDY- ?Boca Chica is full of white women (gringas)!!?

He (Rudy) follows the style and example set by a man who he has learned a lot from in the sex trade and ?Lamour? has won the title of seducer because of his art with foreign women.

Lamour-?The women enjoy, you know?the women like it when I say ?Baby, you are pretty, you look good?They like it!!?

And when they cannot communicate with words, they use the universal language that everyone understands.

Lamour to tourist-?You have a beautiful mouth!!?

But for Rudy, who?s? 18 years of age, words are not his best attribute?

Rudy- ?There are many (foreign women) who are very fast. You don?t have to talk much with them. There are many who throw themselves at you and, well, now you know?

They work in conjunction with each other and help one another out. A certain amount of clients come recommended by this man, Daimin, who works in a restaurant on the beach where he has a lot of contact with tourists.

Daimin- ?Sometimes men arrive who are homosexuals??

Interviewer- ?Also looking for young men??

Daimin-?Certainly??

Interviewer- ?And you too have some homosexuals for them??

Daimin-?No, well, it depends if that is what is negotiated?because?because I know I?m not like that but if my friends want to, and for money some people will do anything.?

Daimin works as a DJ and this protects him from the harassment of the tourist police who are in principally in charge of maintaining the peace and safety in the tourist areas. We intended to interview the officers about the phenomenon of the Sanky Pankys but they preferred not to comment.

Lamour-?My friend, my good friend?
My good friend but I still want to steal your woman!!!(Laughs)

Harassment by the police, the perils of working in the sex trade and competing for clients are now a thing of the past for Lamour because he has announced his retirement, he no longer sells his body for money because he wants to remain faithful to a young French girl whom he met in the streets of Boca Chica and whom he says he seduced with his words (his rap).

Lamour- ?I explained to her the story of my life, how I have loved and suffered while in love?you know?then she explained that she too was in love and how they got along?she couldn?t eat?I tell her ?yes, me too!!? Lies, you know what I?m saying? I

mean?afterwards talk-talk-talk. I tell her that I want a woman to spend my life with, that I can?t keep living like this??

And apparently he convinced her.

Lamour- She gives me her cell phone number and I call her every day and she calls me too. After three months she returns and we get married.

Interviewer- ?You get married??

Lamour- ?Yeah.?

Interviewer- ?Ahhh??

Interviewer- ?And now what are you waiting for??

Lamour- ?I am waiting for a visa for 6 to 8 months to go there (to France). ?

Lamour and Rudy entering restaurant-?I am looking for a friend in here?we?re going to see if she?s in here?? (Lamour speaking to restaurant owner)

Lamour assures us that he?ll leave the country because he loves his wife?but Rudy tells us that that he doesn?t need to be in love to commit himself to a woman pretty or ugly, fat or thin, young or old. The important thing is that they get him out of the country.

Rudy- ?Well, imagine how the country is! You can see how the country is, you can?t live here. Everyone is looking for a way out of here?to find another niche in life, in any other place.?

Rudy lives with a young Dominican woman that doesn?t hold his job against him because it doesn?t involve feelings.

Interviewer-?Why doesn?t she care??

Rudy- ?No, well??

Interviewer-??because Dominican women are VERY jealous!!?

Rudy-?Yes, they?re jealous but she knows that I?m looking for money to support both of us?if it was with another Dominican girl then she would get jealous but if its? with a tourist

Interviewer-?Now if you find an American, a French or Italian girl that wants to offer you marriage and take you away from the country what?s going to happen to your Dominican girlfriend??

Rudy-?Well, there?s? the problem?if you like her a lot, if you want to be with her, then you leave her in her home and you send her her money, normal??

That?s why Rudy?s? Dominican girlfriend doesn?t care if he stays out all night because he always goes home in the morning and when the day comes that he finds a tourist that can get him out of the country then it will mean a passport for both of them.