Do you know why fuel prices went up?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Well..............according to Hoy it's because of tensions in Iran. :laugh:
Bienvenidos al Hoy Digital

I mean, I know I'm a Brit. & I know Iran has captured our marines and all that and I appreciate the DR Government expressing their solidarity with the UK :rolleyes: but, Mr. President, Your Excellency, there are OTHER WAYS OF DOING IT! Since you're in Puerto Plata this weekend I might just try & track you down and ..........er...........share my thoughts. It would be a pity if I missed you.
'?El Gobierno est? provocando la perdici?n del pueblo!'

Speaking of missing I gather I missed defecado? Shame..........:laugh: :laugh:
Denial - The Denial of the Elephant in the Living Room

Last edited:

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
It went up because price increased in the US too. Our increase is standard every year in the spring because that is when people start to vacation by taking road trips. In other words the governments and oil companies make up what ever excuse they want whenever they want for an increase and we all have to pay it. Any excuse is BS.
GRRRRRRRR

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
This increase is too early to be blamed on seasonal travel fluctuations. they are blaming it on tension in the middle east.

All that being said anyone can do the research and check out oil companies record profits for last year! This is simply about GREED.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
My post was in jest and I was being sarcastic. There is no other reason except for greed.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Supply drops in the spring as refineries (there have been no new refineries built in the us for around 28 years now) retool for the summer blend of gasoline. Demand doesn't drop, ergo the price goes up. There may be other reasons, but this one happens this time of year every year in the US.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
???????????????????Could it be the ?234 million loan to finance the equipping of the Metro????????????????????????

GEE, HB, I don't think so! They said that the Metro would only cost like, what? three billion. Hummmm, let me see..
They spent RD$5.0 billion in 2006, budgeted RD$7.0 billion in 2007 and this loan comes to, like, RD$9.0 billion....That's 5+7+9=21 billion for something that was "supposed to cost" just 3 billion..

Do you suppose??????

FYI: We got a count of 40, yes, 40 SUVs in the president's caravan on Friday!!

Good Lord! When will these folks get the picture....?????????

HB

lucine

Mar 21, 2007
Prices Up 10 cents in US. Reportedly this is in retaliation for Britain not accepting hostage demands of i Iran. Therefore Iran Is squeezing the flow of export oil, several Brit soldiers are being held against their will. Prime Minister is fuming. I think this is why, news was on in the back ground, I was doing something else at the time, so don't quote me.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
FYI: We got a count of 40, yes, 40 SUVs in the president's caravan on Friday!!

Good Lord! When will these folks get the picture....????????? HB

40 mud spattered SUVs by now..............:) President's cavalcade was visiting some of the PP barrios affected by flooding this morning. I was in the ones near the port on Friday & you should see the state of my old jeepeta.....

Yes lucine and others: I accept that the world oil market etc. is subject to speculation. What I was trying to convey in original post is that on top of this DR Government will use any old excuse to elevate prices. Mainly as HB says to fund other 'items'.

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
spot on planner (GREED)nothing more nothing less;dont cost no more to produce today as it did last week,simple as that.