COSTAMBAR ILLEGAL DRUGS, Punto de Droga "La Laguna", Costambar, Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

costambar

COSTAMBAR ILLEGAL DRUGS, Punto de Droga "La Laguna", Costambar, Puerto Plata

Welcome to DrugAmbar:

There are hard ilicit drugs being bought, sold and used, day and night, 24/7, apparently approved by corrupt authorities and protected by Costambar Project APC armed security guards, at Calle La Laguna #1, Costambar, Puerto Plata.

Who cares? DNCD? No. Fiscal? No. Policia? No. APC? Yes - armed securty guards protect the drug dealers day and night.

All these institutions are well aware.
Is is true when DR polititians and officials claim they are combating illegal drugs?

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Who cares? DNCD? No. Fiscal? No. Policia? No.

Those guys are making a living off drug trade, so they have a very high interest to keep it running. Whenever you read about an arrest, you can safely assume it is to get rid of competition...

(where I live, a certain fiscal suddenly bought 2 new jeepetas, and a brand new computer... out of the blue...)

C

costambar

I reporting it because no one do anything about it, including residents in Costambar and in the same street.

I hope some publicity will make officials to stop it.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Probably No News To Them

Is there not a different way to go about this?

Yes, there is:

bannerslineaanonimavt1.jpg

BTW, I'd call from a public phone... ;)

m'frog

Last edited:

BigRich

Mar 31, 2007
My friend, I'm afraid that you won't get much interest here either. If someone wants to sell, buy or take some drugs, that's their business. We just don't care.

That's especially true in someone else's country. If it were next door to our own homes, we might have a vested interest and try to do something. But there, they can do as they please. If we don't like what's going on there, we simply go somewhere else or stay home.

I would suggest, that for your own comfort, you take a chill pill.

C

Chip00

Welcome to DrugAmbar:

There are hard ilicit drugs being bought, sold and used, day and night, 24/7, apparently approved by corrupt authorities and protected by Costambar Project APC armed security guards, at Calle La Laguna #1, Costambar, Puerto Plata.

Who cares? DNCD? No. Fiscal? No. Policia? No. APC? Yes - armed securty guards protect the drug dealers day and night.

All these institutions are well aware.
Is is true when DR polititians and officials claim they are combating illegal drugs?

Contact one of the local papers and tell them the time and place where the action is "going down" and maybe they'll take interest in it and report it.

Also, I'm a member of our junta de vecinos here in Santiago and believe me if somebody is going to try to sell drugs in our area I will get involved inspite of being an ugly Spanish speaking gringo! Don't believe the BS that sometimes gets served here by some that says you can't voice an opinion because you are a foreigner. Those are the same types back home in the States who riducule foreigners and tell them to go back home. If you live here you have as much right as any Dominican to voice you're opinion and be heard. I am usually opinionated during our junta meetings(in between making people laugh and cracking jokes) and a lot of the people are happy that I want to get involved.

FYI - it does behoove one to know the language and customs enough to be understand and to understand.

C

costambar

Reply to m'frog

Nuria Piera?
Nuria Piera
See few her interresting videos, they mostly arrest only flaquitos pobresitos crack heads who must suuport habit by selling crack to others.

Fotocronica (Operativo Antidrogas)
Nuria

Drogas en los Barrios (Un Mal que se Generaliza)
Nuria

Here in Costambar are involved gringos, and in noth coast police is too soft on deliquent gringos, perhaps because of the 30 years of tourism. In the south is different, gringo allways have to go to jail, allways looses and allways has to pay.

Here one is video showing that drug police killed fiskal from Sosua, because he was hard on drugs:
El Asesinato del Fiscal Te?dulo Ceballos Pe?al?
Untitled Document

Other video shows that he was corrupt and was extorting for large sums of money:
La Otra Cara del Fiscal de Sosua Te?dulo Ceballos Pe?al?
Nuria
If he was like this how are the others?

This last video may explain to Squat the jeepetas and 20 million pesos houses for each member of extended family, for money they cannot explain are from, when they are questioned by the next party government fiscal.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Have you been in touch with Coronel Then, the new Police Chief in Puerto Plata? Again, public call box or 'disposable' cellphone. He, I believe, is OK - it's who you have to go through to get to him. Alternatively call the Santiago drugline - its very new (they got 165 calls the first day it started). Number is 809-295-3737.

Suggest also you call or email the 2 local papers El Faro:
elfarodr@gmail.com or periodicoelfaro@hotmail.com Tel: 809-586-4656 Fax: 809-586-8831
.: Periódico El Faro • Edición Digital :.
and Puerto Plata Digital Tel: 809-586-7000 and 809-710-7010 email:info@puertoplatadigital.com
Bienvenidos Puerto Plata Digital

Is the punto you have observed run by a local or a gringo?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
My friend, I'm afraid that you won't get much interest here either. If someone wants to sell, buy or take some drugs, that's their business. We just don't care.

That's especially true in someone else's country. If it were next door to our own homes, we might have a vested interest and try to do something. But there, they can do as they please. If we don't like what's going on there, we simply go somewhere else or stay home.

I would suggest, that for your own comfort, you take a chill pill.
Are you serious?
Speak for yourself.
You sure as heck don't speak for the majority of DR1ers.
We probably care more as a group than any other group you'll find in this country.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002

I DO care !

It is however a very dangerous matter, so it can't be handled lightly...

Drug trade is the biggest money maker of this island (both Nations...).

Most of those going on TV about cleaning the barrios and getting rid of the crackheads are themselves on a payroll from the narcotraficantes...

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
To Costambar

I have no solution to offer you.
If there was an easy response to solving the problem, there wouldn't be any drugs in this country.
It's a huge battle to take on drug dealers.
They are not casual friendly easy going nice people.
They are nasty & dangerous, and they didn't get to where they are without contacts providing protection.
DR1 yields a lot of press power but cannot combat this type of problem.
If you take on the battle yourself, be aware that you're playing with fire.
I'm not suggesting that you should blow it off.
Just placing the cards on the table.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
anonymous reporting

To contact DNCD "Denuncias en L?nea" go here:
Denuncia en L?*nea

DNCD web site is at: Inicio only!

The big cheese is Mayor General, Rafael Radhames Ram?rez Ferreira

They take very serious all exposures of drug dealing activities, don't be afraid to report.

WebDev

WebDev,

Perhaps you would like to explain that anyone who wants to anonymously report something should definitely not do it via the website or by e-mail. I would recommend, as someone else did, a public phone, or at least a phone that isn't associated with you.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
WebDev,

Perhaps you would like to explain that anyone who wants to anonymously report something should definitely not do it via the website or by e-mail. I would recommend, as someone else did, a public phone, or at least a phone that isn't associated with you.
Seems like wise advice.
I suppose emailing them should be done from an internet cafe, or through a proxy, if one has the know how.

Status
Not open for further replies.