Chicken Tikka kebob in santiago

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
No no, not in a restaurant but in my backyard. Yes, the rain has stopped and I was celebrating sunshine after a month. Since D&D had canceled his April 1st BBQ bash, so I decided to do my own little BBQ to celebrate the arrival of a friend from California. Here is a picture of authentic indian style chicken tikka Kabob. This is the boneless chicken thigh meat from super mercado Nacional. The spices are strictly tandoori.

2jakp4l.jpg

No, you cannot buy the spices in DR, i brought them from atlanta.
AZB

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
There is a chicken and rice dish I buy here in the area where I work. Maybe you know how to make it, I am not sure where its from but it seems to me that it might be middleeastern- its pieces of bonesless chicken and they seem to season it with cardamon, cinnamon, cloves, parsley...and some other stuff and they serve it over rice, maybe basmati rice??? Or do you know how to make a similar dish? thanks AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yesss, I am an expert in it. Its called chicken briyani.
My especiality.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
not so simple. its complicated a process and not easily learned.
AZB

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
not so simple. its complicated a process and not easily learned.
AZB

What?? you are kidding right? I think I can read if you print it here. sancocho is complicated and I can make a sancocho.

ok ok, I just looked up BIRYANI chicken, and you are correct, it is a complicated process, more like making MOLE, but it looks different from what I've had here, I don't think it has cumin or yogurt, or mint leaves or ginger and the chicken pieces are cut smaller, or maybe I'm having the American version.

Last edited:
C

Chip00

No no, not in a restaurant but in my backyard. Yes, the rain has stopped and I was celebrating sunshine after a month. Since D&D had canceled his April 1st BBQ bash, so I decided to do my own little BBQ to celebrate the arrival of a friend from California. Here is a picture of authentic indian style chicken tikka Kabob. This is the boneless chicken thigh meat from super mercado Nacional. The spices are strictly tandoori.

2jakp4l.jpg

No, you cannot buy the spices in DR, i brought them from atlanta.
AZB

Ok - here's one vote for having the Santiago Barbecue Blast at AZB's!!!

Just please do it either before the 11th or after the 26th of this month!:)