Looking for a place to park the car long-term

Chareena

Apr 3, 2004
janssoncarina.blogspot.com
Is there anyone who knows about a safe place to leave the car for about 6 months somewhere in the Puerto Plata-Cabarete area?

We are leaving at the end of April and would like to keep our car instead of selling it and would like to find a safe place for it.

PabloPaul

Dec 21, 2006
www.myspace.com
I'm interested in the same thing and truly if a resident or DR1er wanted to make a few buxx, you'd think they'd respond (I know I would) other than that you could maybe go over to the extreme hotel in Cabarete (Punta Goleta) and see Josh. They have a big parking lot there and he MAY be able to hook you up. Or how about a long term rental?
I bought my car, but would have considered such a thing if it was a viable option.
Any thoughts?
: p.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
be careful, be very careful

Word to the wise - - choose very very carefully where you leave your unattended vehicle. Try to have someone you trust check in on it on a regular basis. Good luck.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Problems with PMs & email?

Is there anyone who knows about a safe place to leave the car for about 6 months somewhere in the Puerto Plata-Cabarete area?

We are leaving at the end of April and would like to keep our car instead of selling it and would like to find a safe place for it.

As noted in another thread(s), PMs, emails and posting problems seem to be happening while, I hope, DR1 is changing systems.

I sent Careena two PMs and an email and have not heard from her/you nor do I know if they ever went anywhere. I may be able to store your car in my safe and secure private residence. PM, or better yet use the email, when DR1 gets the system bugs worked out.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There's a a U-Store opening up in Sosua in a month or so.
I think they will offer vehicle storage too.
I can put you in touch with them, if you like.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Anyone In Santo Domingo Has The Same Problem,Give Me a call!

I have a BIG yard.
I will start it up everyday,AND "Rotate" the tires too!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

C

Chip00

I have a BIG yard.
I will start it up everyday,AND "Rotate" the tires too!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

And yes hail storms are quite frequent here so don't worry about all the "dings". As far as the smell of old beer and cigars, well that's another story altogether!:)

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002

I am sure the OP found a place for their car but thought i would post some information for others.
There is a new storage facility on the Sosua-Cabarete highway behind the new Parada El Choco about 1 KM outside of Sosua. Inside and outside storage. The outside storage is covered with a tin roof. Security and access 24 hours per day. The inside storage could be used to store other belongings, not just cars. That measures 4mX8m. Outside storage $50.US per month. Inside $300.US per month. Contact person: Hans Nanny 571-3903

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I am sure the OP found a place for their car but thought i would post some information for others.
There is a new storage facility on the Sosua-Cabarete highway behind the new Parada El Choco about 1 KM outside of Sosua. Inside and outside storage. The outside storage is covered with a tin roof. Security and access 24 hours per day. The inside storage could be used to store other belongings, not just cars. That measures 4mX8m. Outside storage $50.US per month. Inside $300.US per month. Contact person: Hans Nanny 571-3903
I heard it was open but still haven't seen the place.
That's one of the best ideas for this area.
Can't tell you how many people have asked me where to store stuff, throughout the years.
Can you describe exactly where the entrance to the place is?

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
I heard it was open but still haven't seen the place.
That's one of the best ideas for this area.
Can't tell you how many people have asked me where to store stuff, throughout the years.
Can you describe exactly where the entrance to the place is?

Well, having never SEEN it, i will do my best! LOL I was just talking to him onthe phone yesterday. But it is where the business of Jumbo is. He stores his huge sewage trucks in the same place. If you are going towards Cabarete it is on the right hand side of the road. The storage facility and the new Jumbo office are behind the parada so i dont know if they can even be seen from the highway. If you hit the El Choco road entrance though, you have gone too far............................
Rocky, since you are in the DR, maybe call the office and have the girl give you better info? I dont know what the sign looks like for the restaurant or where it is in relation to it all...............................
Sunny

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Well, having never SEEN it, i will do my best! LOL I was just talking to him onthe phone yesterday. But it is where the business of Jumbo is. He stores his huge sewage trucks in the same place. If you are going towards Cabarete it is on the right hand side of the road. The storage facility and the new Jumbo office are behind the parada so i dont know if they can even be seen from the highway. If you hit the El Choco road entrance though, you have gone too far............................
Rocky, since you are in the DR, maybe call the office and have the girl give you better info? I dont know what the sign looks like for the restaurant or where it is in relation to it all...............................
Sunny
Good idea.
I might even go one better and try to get out there soon with my camera, find the place, and take a picture from the highway, so we all know exactly where it is and how to access it, although your description on how to get there, is excellent and I will have no trouble finding it, but for the benefit of those who are less familiar with the area, a pic will make it easier to find.
Thanks again, Sunny

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
Good idea.
I might even go one better and try to get out there soon with my camera, find the place, and take a picture from the highway, so we all know exactly where it is and how to access it, although your description on how to get there, is excellent and I will have no trouble finding it, but for the benefit of those who are less familiar with the area, a pic will make it easier to find.
Thanks again, Sunny

Well, as they say in the DR, No Problema! I just figured i would help him, and others out at the same time. He usually runs a very good operation, no matter what he does.
A picture is worth a thousands words!!!! Especially with all the different languages around!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Hasta la vista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunny

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Well, as they say in the DR, No Problema! I just figured i would help him, and others out at the same time. He usually runs a very good operation, no matter what he does.
A picture is worth a thousands words!!!! Especially with all the different languages around!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Hasta la vista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunny
Well I don't have pix yet, but I do have all the correct info now.
The place you mentioned is only an exterior storage for cars with a tin roof.
The place we were talking about in this thread is called Sosua Self Storage.
Sosua Self Storage
It's just after the El Choco entrance, and is an actual self storage business, with interior storage and all, just like in the US.
The contact numbers are,
809-571-1994
809-419-7891
809-418-4466
I'll try to get pix later.

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
Well I don't have pix yet, but I do have all the correct info now.
The place you mentioned is only an exterior storage for cars with a tin roof.
The place we were talking about in this thread is called Sosua Self Storage.
Sosua Self Storage
It's just after the El Choco entrance, and is an actual self storage business, with interior storage and all, just like in the US.
The contact numbers are,
809-571-1994
809-419-7891
809-418-4466
I'll try to get pix later.

Well, then there are TWO places. How lucky for people! LOL The one i am talking about DOES have indoor storage too. It is called Jumbo Storage. BEFORE the Choco road right across from Sosua Ocean Centre and beside Sosua Brake Center.
Sunny

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Well, then there are TWO places. How lucky for people! LOL The one i am talking about DOES have indoor storage too. It is called Jumbo Storage. BEFORE the Choco road right across from Sosua Ocean Centre and beside Sosua Brake Center.
Sunny
Yup.
That's the name, but from what I can see, it's not interior, insomuch as a tin roof that provides some sun & rain shelter.
Sosua Self Storage has an actual building with lockers, and various interior storage areas.
They do have exterior as well, of course.
Anyhow, you can wait for the pix, and that'll show it best.

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
Yup.
That's the name, but from what I can see, it's not interior, insomuch as a tin roof that provides some sun & rain shelter.
Sosua Self Storage has an actual building with lockers, and various interior storage areas.
They do have exterior as well, of course.
Anyhow, you can wait for the pix, and that'll show it best.

Well, i can assure that he does have INDOOR storage as well. Probably cannot be seen from the road though. His land goes back quite a ways. And, yes, there IS outdoor with a tin roof. Much cheaper. You get what you pay for.
Sunny

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Well, i can assure that he does have INDOOR storage as well. Probably cannot be seen from the road though. His land goes back quite a ways. And, yes, there IS outdoor with a tin roof. Much cheaper. You get what you pay for.
Sunny
I think what you are talking about is that he has some car garages.
I just spoke to him on the phone, and they do NOT have lockers.
I don't want this to turn into an argument, but I'm giving you the info straight from Hans, and he must know.
Sosua Self storage, is as I said, and actual "U store it" biz, with interior lockers of various sizes, with all the bells & whistles, guards, alarms, etc.