Farewell my friends

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Congrats to selling the bar and retiring but I hope you are not heading back to canada. If it wasn't for eddy's friendship and twisted humor, I would not even step foot inside sosua town after passing a day at the beach. Sosua beach is still the best in Dr for me and guys like eddy always make the trip worth while.
I hope you will be staying here so I could have the pleasure of seeing you again.
AZB

P.S. I didn't even know about your farewell party or I would have attended for sure.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Quality Canadian!

Eddy
I was lucky enough to meet you about a year ago and more lucky to have said bye on your "retirement" night a few days ago! I want to thank you for your typical friendly Canadian kindness and other info which you have provided to my family and myself. I wish I would have bumped into you sooner.
Good luck with your future plans and I bet we will meet again, maybe even in our fabulous country of Canada!
Congratulations Eddy!
Steve Costa Azul

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Ah Eddy - Im sad you are going. I personally thought you were one of the nicest "landloards" in Sosua. Always - Always friendly and helpfull - it was nice to meet you and share the odd drink with you.

Good luck with your retirement!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Finally!!! hehehe

Congratulations Eddy, your a stand up guy and a legend on the north coast.
Thanks for some great times and parties, you'll be missed.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I have to chuckle about this one - most people spend their lives working in the cold north only to dream about retiring in the sunny Carribean one day - our Eddy spend his time working in the sunny Carribean only to dream about retiring in the cold north!!!

Best of luck to you both, enjoy your retirement!

Also best of luck to the new owners - I am told they have a very hard act to follow!!!

Marlie

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Eddie we've never met in person but I feel like I know you because of this message board and it's members.

I wish you all the best in your retirement.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2005
Does so long mean you are going someplace outside of the DR???
Where ever you go....good luck.

i remember the first DR1 party i ever went to was a thanksgiving party and auction at your place....

take care

bob

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
When the old timers start leaving, that is scary.

Good luck in whatever you do in your "next life".

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
WTF??????????????????????

Man, I missed all of this!! I am really sorry to see you taking off. I do hope the place stays open.
Have you left? Do you still live in Condos Dom?
What's going to happen now?

ARRRGGHHHH, I hate it when this sh!t happens!!!

Dang!

Take care you big goof!

HB

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I have not had the pleasure of meeting you, but I did enjoy reading your posts and everyone just loves Rocky's. Happy retirement and all the best!!!

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Eddy, I hope this doesn't mean you're leaving Sosua! Man, I was hoping you'd always be there. My family and I still remember your hospitality in July 2003, I enjoyed sitting around the poll and chatting, your informal "tour" of Sosua, and of course I very much apppreciate how you hosted the DR1 get-together I instigated back then.

I'm sorry to see the bar sold. BTW, what happens to the Angels?

Take care of yourself and don't become a stranger to DR1.

Keith

moviemouth

Jul 12, 2005
We'll miss you

Eddy,

I'm happy to have arrived on the scene in time at least to meet you and and drain a couple cold ones share some very pleasant conversation. My wife Kate and I will miss you. Truly a great and gracious host.

Marc

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You're going to Canada? It's cold, you'll put weight on..........talk to CCCCCCC quickly! :laugh:

All the best of wishes.

And no I don't believe Rocky is leaving. See how rumours start.........?

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Good luck Eddy
I only met you once and you probably don't remember but you were nice enough to find me the nascar race on a sunday when no one else would even bother to even try and find it.
So for 4 hours I downed many Presedente and watched my race.
Thanks
hifiman