PM malfunction

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Is it just me? I keep on sending PMs and they disappear without a trace.

BTW Could the person who I've been trying to contact please phone me or send me their e-mail address?

C

Chip00

Is it just me? I keep on sending PMs and they disappear without a trace.

BTW Could the person who I've been trying to contact please phone me or send me their e-mail address?

I'm having a problem too. Every time I've posted tody, like 7 or 8 times, when I hit the "post" key the internet explorer says it connect to the DR1 page!

Not only that but doing a search of the recent threads does not show that it accepted my new post nor does it show up in the User CP summary BUT when I go to the thread mysteriously my post is there! Furthermore, searching under the "New Post" and it doesn't show my name there as the most recent poster yet if one checks it out - voila -there it is.

All I can say is thank goodness we are getting a new server!

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Last week I posted something and it vanished-- Yesterday, I had to write the post 3 times before it accepted it. I couldn't Quick Reply it. It had to be an Advance Reply before it took it.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Last week I posted something and it vanished-- Yesterday, I had to write the post 3 times before it accepted it. I couldn't Quick Reply it. It had to be an Advance Reply before it took it.

Huh. And here all this time I thought it was just me and my browser experiencing that problem. I wonder how many board members have had it happen?

I just started noticing today that after I start a new thread or post a reply -- regardless of whether I use quick or advanced -- I am no longer returned to the board. I just get a page full of white space. What's up with that?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Maybe everything will go back to normal when we get on that new server over the weekend. ;)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Looks like the next few days is going to be a rough ride on the forums. I'm quickly going to delete all my pm's just for security .. (especially those where I insulted someone else) :laugh::laugh:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Looks like the next few days is going to be a rough ride on the forums. I'm quickly going to delete all my pm's just for security .. (especially those where I insulted someone else) :laugh::laugh:

Make sure you delete all the ones I've sent you. Never know, they might end up going to the right person :laugh:

I can feel the paranoia now :paranoid:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Ilana, was it me you're trying to PM? I sent you a PM yesterday, thought it was unusual you didn't respond.

Keith
I definitely did reply to your PM.:paranoid:

My latest problem was while in the midst of an exchange with a SD-based DR1er, trying to set up a meeting for later this week. I managed to send one reply after having lost a long message, and then all further attempts failed. :(

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I finally managed to send one just now, after multiple attempts. I may delete my messages too, even though I'm sure I haven't said anything rude or compromising for... a while.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Chiri check your sent box. I was sending a PM just a few mins ago and I thought I lost it but when I checked under sent there was indeed one sent.

Gremlins I tell you :paranoid:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Here is a tip while DR1 goes through what can only be referred as "cyber flu".

When responding on PM or on the boards, prior to pressing the submit button, copy and paste your response on a word document.

Save it with a title such as "PM response to XYZ" and then go back to the DR1 window and click on the submit button.

That way, if you lose the PM/reply/whatever, you will have a copy for later use and not have to write a long reply that eventually went nowhere.

I've been affected by this for a couple of days now and one time last week.

-NALs

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
As 2LeftFeet mentioned, it is helpful to go advanced before posting and previewing before PMing.
There is definitely a glitch, and there has been for a while.
As Nals mentioned, copying the post/PM before sending it off will save you the frustration of rewriting it all.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm too much of an optimist to do all that. ;)
You don't have to.
Simply stripe it and click copy, then if it doesn't go through and you have to resend, paste it in.
The reason Nals mentioned pasting it into word, was in case you wanted to do it later.

Sep 20, 2003
I'm happy someone started this thread.

I have been having problems using DR1 for awhile. I always thought that it must be a problem with my computer. I haven't been able to access the chat room in months. I have also had problems making my posts "stick".

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
You don't have to.
Simply stripe it and click copy, then if it doesn't go through and you have to resend, paste it in.
The reason Nals mentioned pasting it into word, was in case you wanted to do it later.
Rocky hit the nail.

People need to be much more efficient. You have to spend a few seconds (or minutes) typing a well thought-out (or not so well ) response once, you don't have to spend the same amount recreating it if it failed to go through the first time.

Cut and paste, done in half a second!

-NALs ;)