Riu Palace Macao - Few Questions

K

Kelly

Hi I am planning on going to this resort in May 2000. Could you tell me if all rooms have jacuzzi? Also, I read the rooms are in a 4 story building, do they have an elevator or just stairs? Would you know if the top floor rooms have higher rooms, we stayed at Melia Bavaro and this was the case, they had cathedral ceilings. Also, does wine flow freely throughout the day, some resorts offer it only with meals? Thanks in advance for your reply.

C

corneleo

there is a elevator, only the suites have a jacuzzi there is a jacuzzi near the pool and beach the hight of the rooms we don't know and when you have all-inclusive you can eat and drink the hole day alsoo on you room

B

Becky

We just came back---beautiful resort, altho very formal. Yes, the top floor rooms have cathedral ceilings, altho the balconies of some are very small. Depending upon the company you've booked with, you may not be assigned an ocean front room---have your agent (or yourself) fax the resort about 9 days before check-in & you may get an ocean front room. Our agent did this & altho the resort said no to her, we mentioned this (politely) upon check-in & were granted an ocean-front room. Be forwarned, the air conditioning was out for 2 days (at both resorts). If this happens to you, demand to switch rooms immediately---we concluded the air just doesn't work in some of the rooms.The view is awesome! The wine is quite good, Spanish; the pina colada was too sweet & from a mix. The mixed drinks on the bar menu are great, especially at the bar in the hotel. There is a bar right on the beach, with a surly bar tender. Ask for water (aqwa) & you'll be given bottled water.The food is great---order from the a la carte menu when you get tired of the buffet & eat in the a la carte restaurant (reserve by 2:00 of that day).