Visiting Cabarete in June and I have some ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
My husband and I will be staying at Ocean Manor Resort, Cabarete. If anyone has stayed there or has any info on the resort I'd appreciate some feed back... good or bad.
Upon our arrival we will land in Puerto Plata. Our departing flight to go on to Venezuela leaves from the airport in Santo Domingo. I would have preferred to leave from Puerto Plata but Aeropostal only picks up from Santo Domingo. Our flight would leave @ 3:35 pm so we need to be in Santo Domingo by 1:30 or 2. Can anyone suggest the fastest and cheapest way to get from Cabarete to Santo Domingo (Los Americas Internacional Airport to be exact)? I read somewhere that there is a Coach Bus from Sosua to Los Americas Internacional... would anyone have more info on this route?

We are very adventurous people and extremely excited about this trip! ANY advice or suggestions while we are visiting would be very greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and help :)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There is a Caribe Tour bus leaving (from Sosua) very early in the day, 5:15 6:20 7:20 8:20 9:20 10:20 11:20 AM, that would get you to Santo Domingo in less than 5 hours, then a cab to SDQ.
Total price for the 2 of you less than 50 bucks.
Otherwise, it's a taxi all the way, in the $150 US plus zone.
You could easily make it in time.
Bring a jacket or long sleeve shirt.
It gets cold in the bus.

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
Caribe tours leaves every hour and costs around $6 to Santo Domingo........spelled it right this time

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
Oh! So it's not far at all... we'll have to go hang out at your bar then too! Thanks again for the info!!

Status
Not open for further replies.