Hillbilly heads EAST....far, far east (of the DR)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well, y'all, here I am sittin' in the grass outside of a drop dead apartment--that does not have wifi= so I am using a friend's from outside!!!--at the Marina at Cap Cana...Called the Founder's Club...
It was a 6 hour drive from Santiago, a learning experience from la Romana onwards. but not that bad.
What I never knew. was that the South Puerto Rican Sugar Company had sent agents throughout the eastern part of the island way back in the early XX century and bought everything in sight!!! Except, get this, except "any sandy soils.." so the left out all the beach front......They own everything else@!!!!

Cap Cana,.is an amazing place from the little I have seen so far.

Oh yes, Oscar has Bill and Hillary as guests this week, we'll be over there later ....

Yikes.....

Anyway, Ill keep posting on this adventure....

HB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Cap Cana,.is an amazing place from the little I have seen so far.

Oh yes, Oscar has Bill and Hillary as guests this week, we'll be over there later ....

HB
Check with Hillary about playing cards - she could join the daily afternoon sessions at the hovel!!! I am sure Asuncion would just LOVE to chat things Politic with her AND Bill!!!! :cheeky: :ermm:

If you even HOLD a club on any of the Tees whilst there, all diplomatic relations between us will be put on hold until you organise equality status for Alan & I too!!

Have fun 'Old Friend' - we'll shoot straight on Sunday just to spite you!! ~ K of N. C.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Please! Please! for the sake of us Liberal Dems keep Asuncion as far away from Hill/Bill as possible. Just kidding. Hope you both are enjoying a wonderful Semana Santa.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Hey, stop by the Ranch so we can meet if you head this way. We're right in front of the PUNTACANA Hotel entrance. If I'm not there, have one of the guys give me a call...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Kate - we were there last month and I asked about you - but we didn't have time to follow it up. Next time...

HB - HillBilly and HillBill... what a combination! Can't wait to hear the gossip. :)

Bok

Mar 13, 2004
Enjoy your stay in the "far east" HB.

Be sure to run by Punta Espada golf club. You'll be stunned by the views even if you don't play.
(with greenfees at 300 USD/round who will?) :ermm:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hey HB.....if you haven't already seen Hil/Bil when you do, tell them the director of their charitable foundation from North Bay,ON says hello and enjoy your stay!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I shall return here, that is for sure!! Golf, and visiting are inthe future.

this IS a piece of heaven...no shyte!!

HB

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
No dulce.....I'm saying one of the directors of that foundation (who lives in North Bay) says 'hello' to Bill and Hillary.
It could be me or maybe not.....I know a lot of people in North Bay (wouldn't want to give away any identities here now would I?)

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I totally lost confidence in Golf Digest when they rated Playa Dorada as one of the "100 Best Courses Outside the United States". You can obviously buy these ratings... Playa Dorada one of the worst courses i have played in the DR...
The Playa Dorada course WAS a good one. The course was designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. but, as with everything neglected, it went downhill and fast.

However, Golf Digest has only listed two Dominican courses, Diente de Perro in La Romana numbers as the 20th best in the world and the new Punta Espada in Punta Cana which numbers as the 77th best, according to the link.

The Best Golf Course in the DR

-NALs

Last edited:

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
The Playa Dorada course WAS a good one. The course was designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. but, as with everything neglected, it went downhill and fast.

However, Golf Digest has only listed two Dominican courses, Diente de Perro in La Romana numbers as the 20th best in the world and the new Punta Espada in Punta Cana which numbers as the 77th best, according to the link.

-NALs

It has never been close to Playa Grande, Guavaberry, Dye fore, Las Lagunas, and most of the courses in Punta Cana...

Playa Grande is amazing. A friend that just played Cap Cana said that is was really good too...