URGENT!!! LAST MINUTE DECISION need advice asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunAndBuns

Mar 18, 2007
Got tickets to go to Santo domingo from continental.com for 4/20. Now after reading so much about Sosua, I want to go there. Do I change my flight tickets to Santiago and pay an extra 80 dollars, or do I just go ahead and take a motoconcho rental man to drive me across the country to Sosua?
what do I do????

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
on a motoconcho? ya gotta have photos if you do that!

Sosua is about 4 to 4.5 hours away from la capital. If your travel arrangements are for flight only - just take the bus one morning at 7am and you'll be in Sosua for lunch time.

Spend some time there and spend some in Santiago.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
What time does your flight get to SD?

If timing is right, the cheapest thing for you to do would be to keep the ticket, take a taxi to Caribe Tours and then take a Caribe Tours bus to Sosua. The bus trip takes about 4.5 hours, but you will see a lot of the country and the bus is comfortable. Buses leave every hour on the hour from 6 am to 7 pm.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Or you could change your flight to Puerto Plata if you don't mind paying the change fee.
Puerto Plata is like, next door to Sosua.

You should check the prices of the tickets, sometimes the flight to Santiago is cheaper, sometimes the flight to Puerto Plata is cheaper, with any luck, the difference in price (If lower) will cover part of the exchange fee.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
buy a bottle of rum and do the caribe tour thing from the capital, (Barcelo Imperial)

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
buy a bottle of rum and do the caribe tour thing from the capital, (Barcelo Imperial)

Yeah, by the time you get to Sosua, you can have a date to keep you company for the first couple hours, the rest of the day, or, the rest of your stay in the DR. Your option!

SunAndBuns

Mar 18, 2007
Good advice guys, I think I've stopped panicking about what to do. I'll probably take the Caribe tours (anybody have a link to their website where they show you the departure times and exact location?) and go to Sosua. As for the date thing, I cant imagine why the heck will anybody want to keep a girl for the whole weekend, when you can go bunny hopping and get like 8-10 different dates a day in each 1 hour quick, meaningless dates at 800-1000 pesos each :D
p.s on a side note is it even worth the hassle of taking a 3.5 hour trip to Sosua chica wise? Can I just find the same amount of chicas in Santo DOmingo and Boca Chica? I just hear Sosua is the best place for that because of price, availibility, and quality. Can anybody confirm this hype?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Good advice guys, I think I've stopped panicking about what to do. I'll probably take the Caribe tours (anybody have a link to their website where they show you the departure times and exact location?) and go to Sosua. As for the date thing, I cant imagine why the heck will anybody want to keep a girl for the whole weekend, when you can go bunny hopping and get like 8-10 different dates a day in each 1 hour quick, meaningless dates at 800-1000 pesos each :D
p.s on a side note is it even worth the hassle of taking a 3.5 hour trip to Sosua chica wise? Can I just find the same amount of chicas in Santo DOmingo and Boca Chica? I just hear Sosua is the best place for that because of price, availibility, and quality. Can anybody confirm this hype?
Caribe Tours C. Por A.
6:00 7:00 8:00 9:00 10:00 11:00 AM and 12:00 1:00 2:00 3:00 4:00 5:00 6:00 7:00 PM
Santo Domingo is difficult for a non Spanish speaker, and Boca Chica is a bit seedy & agressive.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
So you would say that Sosua is the best place Chica wise?
It depends on your goals.
You would be hard pressed to find a nice family girl in Sosua, as it's a tourist town, and it attracts women looking for short meaningless relationships.
Assuming you do not speak the lingo, it would be difficult to have a "girlfriend type" relationship anyhow, plus I believe you indicated that you're not looking for that.
I wouldn't say that Sosua is the best, but it's better than Santo Domingo or Boca Chica.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
An expert I am not but I have been around a little and have therefore experienced the attempts made to get next to the 'gringo'. Being fat, ugly and married to a Dominican woman I have no desire to go searching. Plus the fact that one morning I woke up, looked down and there was a ring of dots surrounding it at the base with the words 'cut along dotted line' neatly printed above said line....... ?Celoso?

Anyway ,,,,,,, of the many cities I have been to I must admit that the opportunity for female companionship in Sosua reminded me of any southern California freeway at rush-hour, 'bumper to bumper.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
If Sousa is a good place for a "Chicas" Where would you recommend that one would have a more than good time with "Chicos"?

Obviously SD has tons and tons..... but is there an alternative spot? or is SD the only place?

Thanks

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If Sousa is a good place for a "Chicas" Where would you recommend that one would have a more than good time with "Chicos"?

Obviously SD has tons and tons..... but is there an alternative spot? or is SD the only place?

Thanks
Everything posted here applies to both genders.
If you speak the lingo and want a meaningful relationship, you will look in different places than tourist towns.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Thanks Rocky - But I have been to SD many times and the boiz are all over the place, especially el conde..... are there similiar places in Sousa or other cities in DR that are plentiful like el conde with the boiz?

Thanks!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks Rocky - But I have been to SD many times and the boiz are all over the place, especially el conde..... are there similiar places in Sousa or other cities in DR that are plentiful like el conde with the boiz?

Thanks!
I really don't know the answer to that question.
I would have to guess that Santo Domingo would be better, again, assuming you speak the lingo.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
kewl - thanks again. I just posted a new thread to generate some discussion

p.s. although i do not speak spanish.... i do speak and understand the international "lingo"

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006

Hey folks I think its safe to buy stocks in Trojan,Durex, Condomi etc.:laugh:

Last edited:

SunAndBuns

Mar 18, 2007
It depends on your goals.
You would be hard pressed to find a nice family girl in Sosua, as it's a tourist town, and it attracts women looking for short meaningless relationships.
Assuming you do not speak the lingo, it would be difficult to have a "girlfriend type" relationship anyhow, plus I believe you indicated that you're not looking for that.
I wouldn't say that Sosua is the best, but it's better than Santo Domingo or Boca Chica.

For the final million dollar question; What is the best place for chicas in terms of price, availibility, and quality. Of course for "meaningless" relationships :)
Santo Domingo does have some good sex clubs but are overpriced at 2500 pesos for short time and 5000 pesos toda la noche. Boca Chica seems to have too many aggressive Haitians and is a town full of very annoying merchants and hustlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.