Hours for Bob's Book Store / Cabarete

vevy

Feb 14, 2006
Book Store/Location

Going from Sosua to Cabarete, the book store would be on the left-hand side, (the water side) behind a wall (if you don't pay attention you will miss it) about two thirds of the way through town. I have seen a sign posted on the outer wall indicating that the shop is open (don't quote me ) three days a week with hours (maybe) from 1-5. Unfortunately, I made no note of the hours of operation. - thus that is only a guess. I do not know if his shop is still in existence (hopefully so). Surely someone out there has info about Bob and his books. If so, please share. There must be others who would like to know about his offerings.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Going east out of town. It is a small house set a little back from the street on the left side. Right next to the big hotel/condo they have been working on for the last 2 years. If you get to Janet's your about a block, block and a half past it. Sign in front is very small. It gives day and hours and I have seen it open, but I think they open when they feel like it. Hope this helps.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
The last posting of the hours and days are correct. My wife and I go there often. Our last visit we discovered they may have to relocate as the building has been sold. She is trying to see if they will let her stay or perhaps rent just that small room.

We have another need but it's still about books. Is there an English book store in Puerto Plata? Also, we need to find an office supply store, also in Puerto Plata.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
I don't know if this helps, they just opened a office supply store in the stores in front of Ocean Dreams. Seem to be pretty well stocked and if they don't have it, they'll order it for you.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Ocean Dreams in Puerto Plata? I am unable to find this place even in the phone book. Could you provide some directions? thanks