Returning to the North Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

IANUK

Mar 19, 2007
--- in a week and cannot wait. This will be the least planned holiday ever. Need to sort out our PADI and 4wd hire (Freddie was brilliant last time, but lost his card).

Rockie has fixed us up with a condo for week one and will be at Ronnie and Karyn's for week two - but might take 2 or 3 days to get there. All sugestions/advise welcomed.

lucine

Mar 21, 2007
I never notice miss spelled words. Just have a happy holliday, ok . And I guess since I'm a lady I am also a lesbiain, right?

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Back to the OP

--- in a week and cannot wait. This will be the least planned holiday ever. Need to sort out our PADI and 4wd hire (Freddie was brilliant last time, but lost his card).

Rockie has fixed us up with a condo for week one and will be at Ronnie and Karyn's for week two - but might take 2 or 3 days to get there. All suggestions/advise welcomed.

Now that the in-people have had their fun -- suggestions/advice for what?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

Rockie has fixed us up with a condo for week one and will be at Ronnie and Karyn's for week two - but might take 2 or 3 days to get there. All sugestions/advise welcomed.
Well, we got completely off track, didn't we?
Renting a 4 wheel drive jeep is probably best done right at the POP airport, as the selection is better, usually cheaper, and often more reliable than street corner rental joints.
Tell me more about Freddy.
Where is his dive shop?
Did you want to get in touch with him before your arrival?

IANUK

Mar 19, 2007
Getting There

Have booked two PADI Open Water with North Coast Aquasports starting Sunday 15.

Car hire - will hire a car at the airport on arrival. Question, given that we are doing a three day 0900 - 1700 hours - do I hire a small car for week one and then a 4 w d for week two? Or is that messing about?

Question two, what do we do with 82 yo mother in law whilst we spend three days doing our PADI?
Ian

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Have booked two PADI Open Water with North Coast Aquasports starting Sunday 15.

Car hire - will hire a car at the airport on arrival. Question, given that we are doing a three day 0900 - 1700 hours - do I hire a small car for week one and then a 4 w d for week two? Or is that messing about?

Question two, what do we do with 82 yo mother in law whilst we spend three days doing our PADI?
Ian
There's no reason you can't make those very arrangements at the car rental place at the airport, so that they would be expecting you to come and change vehicles after week one.
As for the mother in law, make sure she has books, TV, maybe an employee from the project where you're staying who can assist her to and fro the pool, etc.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
You will be wise to rent the 4wd for only the time you need that capability. The rental cost will be 2-3 times that of a small car.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You will be wise to rent the 4wd for only the time you need that capability. The rental cost will be 2-3 times that of a small car.
That's exactly what they are doing.
1 week in the Sosua area with the car. and 1 week exploring the Samana peninsula with the 4X4.

Status
Not open for further replies.