Export Beans Coffee to USA ?

Mark G.

Mar 29, 2007
Well, it looks like nobody on this board has brought this up since 2005, so I will post and see if there is anyone within the DR that can help me out. Is there anyone out there that can help me export Coffee Beans into the USA? I am looking for green beans; I would have them roasted in the USA. I have sent probably 20 e-mails to folks within the DR with no response. The people I have contacted were listed on CEDOPEX (Dominican Center for Promotions of Export), which obviously is not doing a good job of promoting exports!

Any help from any of you would be appreciated!

I have also contacted Cafe Alta Gracia - Organic Coffee from the Dominican Republic , and they were not really much help either.

I am starting to get the impression I may just have to physically fly down, procure the beans myself, and then ship them to the United States. Maybe the easiest way if I can find someone willing to work me through the process.

Export Beans Coffee to USA

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
There is a reason for this, be careful whose toes you drop your beans on.

It's not going to happen, the Coffee export industry is a very close knit syndicate. If you get your beans into a container, there is a good chance it will sink, if you get my drift.

Here is every exporter in the country.
Exporters

Good Luck!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I read K. Francis de Cabral's response to your initial post.
I suggest you re read it.

Mark G.

Mar 29, 2007
I read it, not sure why the market would be closed to the outside, but understand that it must be.