Reptiles and sharks?

Malevolent

Apr 7, 2007
Forgot to worry about reptiles and sharks in the previous post from me...

So - let's worry right here instead.
Will I encounter reptiles in the DR? If so.. what kind? Will I be terrified?? :ermm:

I have a great phobia for 'em.. Don't like 'em..!!!! :surprised

And.. What about those sharks?
Even if Nurse Sharks are very friendly (or whatever you might call them), they still look nasty, and if I (for some reason) would encounter a shark in the open water - I'm pretty sure I wouldn't wait around to see if it's a 'kind nurse shark' or some other nasty thing who might be hungrier than earlier that week... :surprised

So.. Will I encounter any reptiles or sharks?
I can take it.. Give me the truth!!

(I know that it's not possible to say that I will or wont encounter these animals.. But.. You know what I mean!! DO or DID you encounter them often?? Is it a HUGE possibility to see them? Just curious!!)

And - for my girlfriends sake.. Will she encounter any nasty spiders? Big ones?

Thank You!

/P & C

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
1).Your chances to run across a shark where you will be swimming is ZERO. 2).Your chances to see anything larger than a gecko or a very small lizard where you will be "adventuring" is ZERO.
3). Your chances improve "slightly" to see a tarantula.....but still will be rare.
That would be the largest spider you will see......its the things on the beach you "don't see" that you need to worry about.......the "no see ums"....they will eat you alive! and itch.....man do they make you itch...........

Have fun! You have nothing to worry about.