Thank you Moderators

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Isnt it lovely that Robert and the Moderators are there for us. A few of us felt the same about a couple of bad posts that came on DR1 over the weekend and they were soon dealt with. Thank you!

DR1 is a very well run and professional site and I for one would like to see it stay that way. It helps a tremendous amount of people throughout the world for all the RIGHT reasons.

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
I totally agree......

....and yet, whilst I'm sure the moderators are grateful for your appreciation, I fail to see how starting a thread thanking them is helping people throughout the world....:cheeky:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Sharlene, wicked sense of humour ;) . You want an argument so that this one, too, becomes a train wreck? :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously though, saying 'thanks' is never out of place, is it? In a sense the wilful lack of appreciation was what sparked off the 'other' matter. So maybe Ladybird is trying to set an example of good behaviour..........?

In which case, Sharlene, allow me to thank you for graciously affording me the opportunity to make this point. :)

....and yet, whilst I'm sure the moderators are grateful for your appreciation, I fail to see how starting a thread thanking them is helping people throughout the world....:cheeky:

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Makes you scratch your head and say why???

I am sure I do not know why some that are just ooooo so rude in their comments get to stay when they really should be deleted and, in my opinion, some of the frequent posters should be warned if not banned. I am a mod/admin on a few poker forums and I would not let some of the things I see on here go unchecked especially since this forum gives an "overview" of the DR. At times some of the responses leave a real bad taste and I am sure discourages allot from moving/investing in the DR. Very sad.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
At times some of the responses leave a real bad taste and I am sure discourages allot from moving/investing in the DR. Very sad.

I see, so you think people should be banned if they don't tell you what you want to hear or agree with opinions you have formed on a week's vacation ?:ermm:

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
not at all

I never said they should be banned and what makes you think I have been there on a weeks vacation??? What I said was that some of the "frequent" posters are very rude for no reason,( or as some have said they are as they are tired of the same questions). If that is the case then why answer??? I thought this forum was to answer questions people had !! Am I wrong on this??? In the case of banning ( as I have on my sites ) it is due to numerous warnings of rudeness that is uncalled for and etc. The truth can be told without being rude/ignorant to others.

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
Thank you Lambada......

I would like to thank you most sincerely for making me see the error of my ways :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Two cheers For Lambada

Who is the perfect example of how you can answer questions ( and goes out of her way allot to help), without being mean. :cheeky:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I never said they should be banned and what makes you think I have been there on a weeks vacation??? What I said was that some of the "frequent" posters are very rude for no reason,( or as some have said they are as they are tired of the same questions). If that is the case then why answer??? I thought this forum was to answer questions people had !! Am I wrong on this??? In the case of banning ( as I have on my sites ) it is due to numerous warnings of rudeness that is uncalled for and etc. The truth can be told without being rude/ignorant to others.

You are so mean I was only asking a question and three of these ??? at the end of a sentence must signify that you are screaming at me or you are very angry at me. :( :( why so angry?:surprised

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
I did not know that

My apologies Anna. I am just a ? mark happy person I suppose. :p I could never be angry with you. You are one of the ones who is really helpfull on here.HMMM..........I also bet that they do not pay you enough and you deserve a raise. Think I will start a poll. Anyone up and ok with that?,( almost put in more ? lol).

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
No problem

I was only trying to point out that sensitive people can sometimes take things the wrong way ;)

I think I should have a raise too.

I'm not very good at math so maybe you can help me out, what's 20 % of zip come out to? :classic:

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
Consistently Helpful Posters....

From a personal standpoint I find Lambada, Bushbaby, Chris the moderator, Hillbilly and Rocky to be the people I find most helpful and knowledgeable on this board.

They're all intelligent, knowledgeable, long term residents who go out of their way to help people. I consider them all to be highly literate and able to present information in a clear and concise way, posting helpful links where appropriate.

I also get the impression that they're very much involved within their own communities and are physically willing to assist when it's needed. Lambada is currently involved in helping the flood victims in PP, Bushbaby has offered to pass on information to relevant authorities for people that are worried or unable to do so, Chris goes out of her way to gather information for people and answer their questions with good humour and patience, Hillbilly has volunteered to let people tag along on his 'cultural tours', regularly invites people to drop in and visit him in Santiago and actually volunteered to get me a BBQ gas bottle when I couldn't find one in Sosua and Rocky is very much involved in the collection for rebuilding the Scandinavian Bar at the moment. Unfortunately I've yet to actually meet any of these people as I've been very much tied up with settling in my children since I arrived last year.

These people really do give up a lot of their time and make a difference to locals, expats and 'would be' expats and people just dreaming about living in or visiting the DR. So for that I think they deserve a very big THANK YOU

I apologise if I've left anyone out who believes they make a valuable contribution to this board. I'm just thanking the people who I, personally, have found helpful.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Think That The "MODERATORS" Get Paid Too Much For Very Little Work!

I know,I used to wuz one!
I know what you mean about "SOME" people getting to say whatever they want,and NEVER: get deleted!!! "Wutz Up Wit Dat??"
Of all the Moderators,"Anna" is the worst! She sits "Up There" in her log cabbin,freezing her "Assets" off,hitting the "DELETE" button everytime a new "SANKEE",or "Sankeet" post comes along! So what if a lot of "Ugly,fat,Canadian girls want some "Dark Kandy"? It's thier choice to pay lots of (Alto Nearly Worthless) Canadian $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ so any man will screw them!!!!!
I for one can't wait to get back to Santo Domingo!! I TOO need to pay for some "Darkandy" before I EXPLODE! 30 days in Boston is killing me!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcc

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks ccccc I haven't had a good laugh like that for a long time. You crack me up :laugh:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Go Throw Another Log On The Woodstove" Ya Canuk Ya"!

I know you need to keep your "DELETE BUTTON" thawed out!!
Even if your A$$ is frozen solid!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I'm very glad CCCcccc is no longer a mod. Now we can see vintage Colon all the way without him pulling his punches. My favorite ex-mod and poster is CCCcccc!

For the new posters .. he knows what he is talking about .. he is a very big and a very funny man! Don't mess with him :laugh::laugh:

Anna, have any sweet Canadian girls you can send his way? They'll cook and clean and keep his pied-a-terre nicely sweet! And pay him for it!