Hells Angels in Cabarete????

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Hells Angels seem to be in Cabarete to stay!!!! Have you seen the big Compound they are building just east of town?? I am certain you have heard their Harley's roaring downtown. This criminal organization has been outlawed and chased out of most Provinces in Canada, how do they end up in Cabarete? probably because of the fact that no passport is required for direct flights from Canada, has something to do with it.
I guess prostitutes, drug dealers and police officers will have new bosses!!!!

what are your thoughts on this???

MGoss

Mar 28, 2007
OMG YOUR NOT SERIOUS!! I BET THEY ARE FROM MONTREAL!!!! Are you sure its the Angels and not just some bikers? Oh how that will ruin the area if its not taken care of quickly! I have done alot of studies in organized crime in college and the Montreal Gang of Hells Angels are not what you want arriving in your country.

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
On hells Angels Site

Just for curiosity I went to Hells Angels site and they list the DR as a "hangaround" area.(whatever that means), and not an area where they plan on having a official site ( although that may have changed due to Canada' s latest round of raids). Truth be told, I have run many large nightclubs/rest's in Toronto and have had many HA members come in and never had any problems with them. Even if they are in the DR whats to panic about??? They way some on this board sound when a simple question is asked, they make it seem like "no one will survive in the DR as we are the experts and you might as well just give up your relocation plans" !!! Where as others answer in reality without the unwanted nastiness. Some make it sound like "all is doomed to fail". So if the HA is setting up in the DR what would be the difference from the constant doom of all who ask in any questions in regards to relocation. You never know , maybe some from HA are/ or will be on this site. HMMM................ ;)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The last group of bikers I had the pleasure of meeting was an organised group from Puerto Rico led by an evangelical minister. They have been visiting 20 some years and are given a security detail from the President's own security officers. I know because the Minister spent the evening at our house together with the President's security officers. :) Look up posts by Motorcycler. I have no idea if they belong to Hell's Angels or not. Probably God's Angels given the spiritual leaning. :)

I would just point out that all these guys know how to drive their powerful bikes and are useful role models for indigenous drivers who trust God will enable them to survive rather than skill. The Puerto Rico group spent many an hour repairing locals bikes, by the way. I think their follow up mission was to visit prisoners in Dominican jails.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Their from Montreal. Own the Cita Del Sol hotel/condo next to Koaba. Have been here for a number of years. The only trouble they seem to cause is setting off car alarms as they drive by. They seem to keep to themselves and party on their own. The ones I have talked to were helpfull Their all in their 50 to 60. It seems their "don't bother me and I won't bother you." I could be wrong.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They have been here off and on for several years. If everybody here conducted themselves like these guys there would never be any trouble here.

MrRiley

Feb 6, 2007
Hells Angels seem to be in Cabarete to stay!!!! Have you seen the big Compound they are building just east of town?? I am certain you have heard their Harley's roaring downtown. This criminal organization has been outlawed and chased out of most Provinces in Canada, how do they end up in Cabarete? probably because of the fact that no passport is required for direct flights from Canada, has something to do with it.
I guess prostitutes, drug dealers and police officers will have new bosses!!!!

what are your thoughts on this???

Suzanne,
They have been here since we moved here in 03. I haven't noticed any troubles from them. As you know, I have been around motorcycles my whole life both Harleys as well as dirt bikes. My eyes are always open and as I mentioned, I have seem them raise any cain.. I do know a few of the guys and when I had the dirt bike excursion business I took a couple different groups out a few times. A good time was had by all.

I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. I don't think they are here to rape and pilage.

Have a Deluxe Day!!

KeithUK

Feb 8, 2006
Their from Montreal. Own the Cita Del Sol hotel/condo next to Koaba. Have been here for a number of years. The only trouble they seem to cause is setting off car alarms as they drive by. They seem to keep to themselves and party on their own. The ones I have talked to were helpfull Their all in their 50 to 60. It seems their "don't bother me and I won't bother you." I could be wrong.

I agree 100%, I seen many of these bikers several times at Cita Del Sol over the past 4 years and never had any problem with them, they just appeared as mainly middle aged "Harley Enthusiasts" to me, kept to themselves but always said Hi and were friendly whenever I seen them. I take people as I find and dont think they are a problem, but there again, I could be wrong.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Have been seeing these guys for years now. To the best of my knowledge, they've been keeping out of trouble, and I have yet to hear of any problems with them. Likewise, they've rented out a few restaurants from time to time and were, by all reports, well behaved.

The problem I have with them in Cabarete is that they all go patched. Since most people, if not all, know the Hell's to be a criminal organization, obviously this has an impact. Not exactly a welcome addition to the tourist environment. It would be a great improvement if these gentlemen would simply go about their business without advertising their affiliation.

And for those who however jokingly refer to the Hell's as a simple bike afficionado club, please refer to the following links:

Hells Angels criminal organization, judge rules
Gazette: Behind the anti-gang law

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It is clear that people are worried, as the HA are known to be involved with drugs back in America.
It is also clear that in the years that they have been in Cabarete, they have caused no problems.
One has to assume that if they had bad intentions, it would be apparent by now.
It has been suggested that they simply want a place to play in the Caribbean, and are not looking for trouble, and this seems true.
It is probably safe to assume that they have a code of ethics to live by in this area, and would most likely deal with their own in a severe manner if any member were to put them in a compromising position.
I am not saying that I am an authority on the matter.
Just being logical.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Rocky, from what we have seen of them and having talked to some of them, I think you are right. They have told me that like other expats their more interested in women and beer. Like was said before they haven't caused any trouble in Caberete.

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Rocky you are bang on.Folks you should be worried about the real threat which is MS-13 being organized in the Dominican Republic.
For those of you not familiar with this gang it is the largest in the world and bands petty theifs together and is ten times worse then any organized bike gang.

The reason.... they prey on everyday citizens for financial gain.They take kids in extreme poverty and give them hope through a life of crime.
Just google MS-13 and you will see how real this threat is.
hifiman

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I have this mental picture of a bunch of old hardcore 1%ers drinking swill, complaining about their enlarged prostate...:cheeky:

Other than agreeing with the adjective 'old' (50-60 is younger than me!) so do I. Could it be they've bought a hotel as a retirement home for 'old' bikers?

No Malory I was not being facetious. What I was doing was questioning the assumption that just because they are Harley owners that means they are Hells Angels. And even if they wear garb that would associate them, maybe the age of these people indicates a period in HA history when it was a group of bikers who undertook charitable endeavours? I don't know, I'm not a biker chic but I don't automatically jump to sky is falling assumptions. And if they've been there several years and we've heard nothing bad, then what is the problem?

There are Harley owner clubs throughout the DR and they do have get togethers and do voluntary work. Nothing secretive - they have websites! Here are a few:
Barracos MC

HOG Dominicano

Nativos

Now if you're worried about drug trafficking then yes you have to include those in uniform here in DR but that uniform isn't leathers and patches. ;)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Last time I checked this thread was " Hells Angels in Cabarete".

Does anyone have any info on any wrongdoing of any kind be these people either in Cabarete or anywhere else in this country? That is what this board is for, not experiences in Canada or any other country.

Island777

Oct 9, 2005
The HA DO NOT own Cita del Sol

Just for the record the HA do not own Cita del Sol which has about 30 owners, only one of whom is associated and his unit is for sale ($110k). The former administrator was friendly with some members but he was terminated and has returned to Canada. During the time that HA members were guests at Cita del Sol they never caused any trouble whatsoever and when the former administrator became a problem they helped to solve it.

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
Oriole,
The HA do NOT own Cita Del Sol. I would like to suggest that before you slander my investment with misinformation you get your facts straight. Where did you get your info? Have you seen the Title, no you haven't!
So why dont you apoligize for making a statement that is absolutely false And try to realize that I as an Owner of Cita Del Sol, who works very hard at building up our reputation as a family oriented beautiful little place in the center of town, am furious that someone would make such a hurtful remark, especially given the fact that it just is not true!
Its also very silly to think that any of you are in any danger. Por favor!

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Oriole,
The HA do NOT own Cita Del Sol. I would like to suggest that before you slander my investment with misinformation you get your facts straight. Where did you get your info? Have you seen the Title, no you haven't!
So why dont you apoligize for making a statement that is absolutely false And try to realize that I as an Owner of Cita Del Sol, who works very hard at building up our reputation as a family oriented beautiful little place in the center of town, am furious that someone would make such a hurtful remark, especially given the fact that it just is not true!

Sorry if I made a mistake. I was told they owned it. I thought if they did they were doing a good job of running it. With all the bikes there it seemed right. From my experience, they haven't caused any trouble and I don't know what the big deal is. There are a lot worse people in the DR .

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
Oriole,

I've stayed at the Cita Del Sol on the last visit before my apartment was complete enough to stay there. I didn't see any HA or indeed, any bikers, which was a shame. In my experience bikers of all types ('Jap Crap'/plastic rocket riders like myself or two wheeled tractor guys) all have a common bond (which is usually that four-wheelers are trying to kill us!). In fact it was a very quiet and peaceful place, clean & friendly and at a decent price. If it wasn't for the fact that my apartment is now complete, I'd happily stay there again. And if any visiting HA folk are looking for an apartment to rent, I'd be happy to have them rent mine!

Non-DR content edited out - Gregg Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Thank you all -

I posted this thread just before a short vacation and came back to this large response.
After reviewing all the answers, which range from;

''Don't worry the HA in Cabarete are retired old bikers wanting a peacefull time''
to
''BE AFRAID - VERY AFRAID''

I gather that this will be a wait and see process.

I have been spending long periods of time in Cabarete over the past 5 years, and what I can say is that the number of HA, has significantly increased in that period. They are settled into their new ''compound'' and proudly display their colours, which they cannot do legally in Canada. Yes this particular group is from Canada. I gather that they have moved to the DR because of all the raids they have faced in Canada and they feel they will be ''left alone in Cabarete''

Non-DR content edited out - Gregg Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.