Sousa or Cabarete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raljrs123

Apr 4, 2007
Planning a trip with my buddy (both mid thirties) are we better off in Sousa or Caberete? I found a nice Villa in Cabarete. Just wondereing if the crowd is too young there. Are the beaches swimable in Cabarete or are the waters ruff and dominated by windsurfers? How is the nightlife, which is better for meeting local women, and any suggestions on where to go?

Thank's

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
The tourists are between 21-50. mostly 25-30 plus. We like the beach better here. In Sosua there are too many Sea Urchins (sp). You'll need water shoes. As to local women, seems to be more in Sosua, but Caberete is catching up. Both are about 10 - 15 min. apart. I'd stay in Caberete and go to Sosua for the day or night.

NYC_Trini_Span

Sep 9, 2005
I'd say Sosua

Not just because i lived there, i would say Sosua for night life, unless you like the "Spring Break" type crowd. Sosua locals actually come out at night and dance to (gasp) spanish music, be it Bachata, Salsa, or Reggaeton, sprinkled with Techno and Hip-hop.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Do both

Sosua is a small town with everything within walking distance. Cabarete is a three block strip of small shops and restaurants. Cabarete has a wide sand beach with rougher water. Sosua has a smaller beach with trees for shade. imho Sosua has the girls if that interests you. Either way they are very close together, 10 minutes by taxi. Personally I like Sosua.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The tourists are between 21-50. mostly 25-30 plus. We like the beach better here. In Sosua there are too many Sea Urchins (sp). You'll need water shoes. As to local women, seems to be more in Sosua, but Caberete is catching up. Both are about 10 - 15 min. apart. I'd stay in Caberete and go to Sosua for the day or night.
I've heard you mention Sea Urchins in Sosua before.
How is it that after 16 years of living in Sosua, I've never even seen one when swimming Sosua Bay Beach?
Methinks you found one, one day, and you presumed that the beach is littered with them.
There are of course, sea urchins out at the reefs, so you could snorkel or scuba out to see them, but they certainly are not to be found in the swimming areas.

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006

Also never had a problem with sea urchins, but definately wear shoes as there are countless beer bottles on the bottom as well as other garbage.

But it is a very nice bay indeed !!

Status
Not open for further replies.