Why is it that DR1 members live here?

incredible

Jul 9, 2006
Okay, this is going to be a fun thread.

Lets see why all of us Expats from Europe, the USA and Canada make the wonderful DR our home?

Remember, there are many problems in the DR such as corruption, lack of clean water, electricity problems, sewage, driving and the road problems, mosquitos and dengue, education problems, low wages, healthcare problems and rising crime to name a few of the negatives.

So lets put all of these negatives aside, why do you love the DR?

Is it because you feel a sense of freedom living on the wild side in a country that is is still underdeveloped?

We all must have some things in comon on the positives in living in the DR, so lets find out why we love the DR?

Please give your top 3 reasons for living here!

(Besides the weather which is obvious lol)

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
cheap real estate and cheaper cost of living;
where i come from houses are $700000-1 million dollars and i simply refuse to pay that for a home; not when i can take the same million dollars and buy land/ build a home and pool for a hundred thousand, develop and sell condo's and and bank the rest whilst putting some into my super annuation for retirement etc. My money goes a lot further here and as a result i have retired many years before my friends...now you cant beat that!

2-the landscape is stunning
with respect to its caribbean look. I absolutely love the idea of swaying palms and beautiful women. I've totally bought into the dream of living upon a caribbean island

3-Simple way of life
i pick up something thats intangible from the DR people; i like to be around them. Or maybe its just their simple way of life that i wanted to adopt for myself, what ever the hell that means. I do know that i feel a sh!t load better inside when im in my home with a beer in one hand ,my beach towel in the other and a pretty girl showering off in my bathroom

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Yes, yes, I know .. more than 3,000. :laugh: But since the last one, there are many new posters who probably would like to see this yet again. So, let it run!

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
used to be cheap beer and rum used be cheap to eat out used to be cheap cigs. used to be cheap woman used to be safe place to live there are much fewer expats here now then there were 10 or 15 yrs ago.

C

Chip00

1. Dominican wife is happy.
2. Good bilingual school and nice house.
3. Great weather.

melchan

Apr 4, 2007
hot women?

HOT WOMEN??!??! I Don't understand what that is suppose to mean? aren't there hot women everywhere in the world? or did you mean that there are economically desperate women in DR willing to lower their mating standards in order to get a better life financially. Nothing is wrong with that it's just that you imply simply the women are hot, actually I believe you wanted to say the women are more willing. Like young ladies in this country won't hesitate to date a man 20 years older if he's from US, Canada, europe and especially if her family is poor. HOW often do you see wealthy dominicans hooking up with old white guys?

just wondering if anyone thought of this.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
HOT WOMEN??!??! I Don't understand what that is suppose to mean? aren't there hot women everywhere in the world? or did you mean that there are economically desperate women in DR willing to lower their mating standards in order to get a better life financially. Nothing is wrong with that it's just that you imply simply the women are hot, actually I believe you wanted to say the women are more willing. Like young ladies in this country won't hesitate to date a man 20 years older if he's from US, Canada, europe and especially if her family is poor. HOW often do you see wealthy dominicans hooking up with old white guys?

I agree with most of what you say except: women are really hot looking in cibao valley (santiago).
AZB

C

Chip00

You certainly make a point and in most cases you may be right but I don't think this in a good percentage of the cases.

Fro example, my wife is Dominican and I'm 10 years older than her and I was interested at first in her because I thought she was very attractive even though I grew up in the southern US and whites didn't go out with blacks. Not only that I wasn't attracted to black women back home but when I saw Dominican women for the first time I was immediately impressed with their beauty. I think a lot of foreign guys, white or black, find the Dominican mixed race women quite attractive, even more so than the women back in their own countries.

IMO as far as the comment about rich Dominican women marrying older white guys Domican women here generally have a hiearchial value system where #1 and #2 on the list are trying to land guys who are a good provider/have a future and who won't abuse them. Somewhere further down the line would be attractiveness. Guys on the other hand typically put attractiveness at the top of the list. Therefore, if a women isn't worried about money number one on the list then obviously she can be more selective and therefore will be able to value other "qualities" more.

melchan

Apr 4, 2007
i agree with you chip00

you have some valid points that really do make sense.
i agree, dominican women are beautiful. i'm black american woman divorced from a dominican. when he first met me, he thought I was dominican by my appearance. like you, i too grew up in the south. however i am in my early 30's and have always dated outside my race and nationality, IN THE SOUTH,
can you belive i'm dating a Korean now. I never let my surrounding dictate my love interests. but its great you found what you were looking for in DR.

melchan

Apr 4, 2007
by the way chip...there are lots of beautiful black women back home.
if you weren't married now I would say you should try. maybe next life.

melchan

Apr 4, 2007

C

Chip00

by the way chip...there are lots of beautiful black women back home.
if you weren't married now I would say you should try. maybe next life.

Sure you're right. As far as the next life I'm pretty sure I only get one.:)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com

This is a perfect example of a thread hijack. No more of women please .. Go to Anna's forum for that. Let's find out why people decide to live in the Dominican Republic.

gini

Dec 12, 2005
No more of women please .. Go to Anna's forum for that. Let's find out why people decide to live in the Dominican Republic.

OK Chef :glasses:

So :

WOMEN :bunny: :cheeky:
Weather and
Wonderfull nature