Just a suggestion re: pics

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I have noticed there are two threads now running with pictures of the DR, and although it is wonderful to see the DR through other people's eyes, isn't that what the media gallery is all about?

I have had problems getting the pics to load properly (or at all) and I have high-speed DSL. In the media gallery, the pics are loaded and easily viewed.

I was wondering if maybe some of the newcomers were not aware that there is a media gallery where they can have their pics uploaded by Wud, and put into a personal photo album?

The occassional pictures added to a thread isn't what I am concerned about, but when someone is attaching 10 to 20 pics, doesn't that take up a lot of bandwidth? If a person wanted their pics to be seen, could they not just start a thread asking people to go to the media gallery, provide the link, and that's that?

Just a suggestion - BTW - where are you Wud?;)

Marlie

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I agree with you Marlie.

Once the thread cools off it is lost whereas in the media gallery people can enjoy those pictures anytime ;)

Sep 19, 2005
well I think the pictures really help a thread...and while maybe all of those pictures arent needed, but many times a few pictures are really of great help in a particular thread. general pictures maybe be best suited to the media gallery.

But i would say that some sticky needs to be posted to tell people not to load 2274 mega pixtel pictures!!!!!!!!!! thats what blows the screen so wide and causes things to really slow down...about 750 pixtels one way is about perfect.....and fills the screen just right......and if people sized them to about that size, they would load faster , and we would not need to scroll the dammm screen to see the picture.

bob

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I like it when they upload pictures to some other file sharing site and post a link in their thread. May we can create a thread recommending some of those sites.

gini

Dec 12, 2005
I agree with you Marlie.

Once the thread cools off it is lost whereas in the media gallery people can enjoy those pictures anytime ;)

I agree with you Marlie and Anna, but as no modo has reacted in the beginning of this thread, I told me it was OK and I paid attention to the size, not more than 100/150K and 800x600

And it also allowed me to put a little link to my little blog ;) just to share some others ! sorry for the comments in French but it's my first language :ermm:

I will post them in the media gallery asap

joseinoa

Jan 20, 2005
2274 mega pixels is not possible because it does not exist maybe in 20 years when technology is beyond all of us. even 750 is way over our heads the biggest pictures that can be taken are with a 10 -15 megapixel camera and those go for about 6 - 7 thousand dollars. i assume you mean 2MB and 750kb.

Sep 19, 2005
well if it is impossible, then we really dont want anyone doing it....

ok delete the word "mega"........

when YOU are right, your right....I used the wrong catch word.

bob

I agree setup your own album in the media gallery, it is easy to do and since Robert and I administer the gallery there will be no problems approving photo's.

I have a 10 megapix camera and I can post huge file depending on the format I shoot , I always resize to 800 x 600 before posting on forums.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Thanks, Wud!

I had a feeling you would agree with me!;)

Marlie

I agree setup your own album in the media gallery, it is easy to do and since Robert and I administer the gallery there will be no problems approving photo's.

I have a 10 megapix camera and I can post huge file depending on the format I shoot , I always resize to 800 x 600 before posting on forums.