job

kcl060

Dec 10, 2006
I'll be studying in PUCMMA Santiago from August to June and I am looking to get a part timer while I'm in DR, if possible. How likely is that? Where are the best places to apply? I'm fluent in Spansih and when I'm in the States, I teach Spanish independently during my breaks from school.

StellaRay

Apr 8, 2007
Hi kcl, unfortunately I can't give you info about specific jobs, but I also studied at PUCMM (no "A" ;) ) If you're going through an exchange program, rather than independently, I know some actually forbid you to work, to make sure you're not distracted from your schoolwork or the program in general--a lot of them have trips and excursions that you're supposed to participate in. However, I think a couple do permit light work, like teaching English...contact your program and they'll probably have some suggestions for you...hope that helps a bit!

kcl060

Dec 10, 2006
Kool. Yea sorry about the A, I was just thinking about how you say it, lol. I don't think my program forbids work and the excursions are optional, but I do plan to go. Teaching English (or even Spanish to newbies, since that's what I do at home on breaks) sounds good. I'll definitely contact them about that. Thanks!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
You will find that Santiago has many call centers that employ both English and English/Spanish bilingual reps. Most can workout a schedule around you school commitments.

C

Chip00

I'll be studying in PUCMMA Santiago from August to June and I am looking to get a part timer while I'm in DR, if possible. How likely is that? Where are the best places to apply? I'm fluent in Spansih and when I'm in the States, I teach Spanish independently during my breaks from school.

Send a pm to MrMike - he has a call center in Santiago

Marazul

Apr 19, 2007
Hmmmm .... right... usually the best jobs could be in a call center..... they are usually annoying because is telemarketing or dealing with complains and stuff.... but u earn good money compare to the common salary from DR.

;)