Viva Wyndam Playa Dorada

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximumthing

Apr 9, 2007
Hi everyone, I was wondering whether anyone knew the type of crowd that usually settles in at the Viva Wyndam. We were thinking f booking there since it is rather inexpensive. As well, is the food okay? We were also planning on buying some Dominican cigars, does anyone know of a place that sells "real" cigars, and perhaps less expensive than in Canada?

p.s.- Does it rain ALL day? Do we have any hope for sunshine during the day, hopefully coming back with a tan?:ermm:

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I have found Viva Wyndham in Playa Dorado to be very good value for the money. This is where my family stays when they come to visit. For best value, go to Wyndham.com and join "Wyndhambyrequest", Wyndham's "frequent flier club". You will get the best rate available and usually get upgrades at the resort including unlimited reservations at the Ala Carte restaurants and other amenities. A solid *** resort that was renovated 2 years ago.

We have had lots of rain in the past few weeks. We are due for some sunshine. Rarely does it rain all day.

Do a search on "cigars" See what Hillbilly recommends. May be worth a trip to Santiago to one of the factories.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I agree with Howmar. IT is a decent hotel for the price. Be advised that it fills up on weekends with locals. This can be either good or bad depending on your point of view! I have no problem with that at all.

Our weather has turned and we are enjoying fabulous hot sunny days.

StellaRay

Apr 8, 2007
I'm also going to second HOWMAR. If you have a time, definitely make a trip down to Santiago. Centro Leon is must-see in general, but specifically for your request, they have a cigar factory you can tour and then purchase some quality cigars. Not sure of the price though, but I think it would be worth a look..

yohan

Aug 4, 2007
whent there last year by miself and it was really good, not a big hotel
so easy to make friends.food is good to,i'm a cook and i'm really difficult when it comes to food.

Status
Not open for further replies.