Employment in Puerto Plata Schools

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
Hello,

My name is Michelle Davis and I'm from Ontario, Canada. My friend and I have just finished a three year Child and Youth Worker Program from a local college. We are now looking for something new and exciting. We have been looking at finding a position in a local school in the Puerto Plata area. We have been doing endless amounts of research and are still coming up short. We are not looking to make money; however, enough to get by is crucial.

Any information regarding work in Dominican Republic and living costs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you all soon!

Michelle Davis
Child and Youth Worker
Canada

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
I have got a job as a teacher in Garden Kids School, Sosua to start in August. I know that all of the private schools look for people with degrees and teaching qualifications...these are the schools that pay well. Some may need TA's but they would require lots of experience in the educational system.
I am a qualified teacher here in UK with a degree and some TESOL experience, so I got the job really easily.
You may be able to get a job in a public school, but will have a low salary and you will need to speak spanish.

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
Hello! Thanks for your reply. My friend sounds like she would have the qualifications to teach at Garden Kids School. I was wondering how you contacted the school and received the position? We have both applied online but have still heard nothing back.
I could be a TA. I have had alot of experience within the school system as well as working with children in other environments.
Any feedback would be great!
You can reach me best by contacting me via email. My email is chellebsscheer15@hotmail.com. MSN is also a great way to contact me.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Thanks again,
Michelle