Server gremlins at it again?

C

Chip00

I don't know if anybody is still having the same problems of losing posts but I lost two today and I have a T1 connection. It's kind of disappointing to type for 20 min. and then lose it all!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I don't know if anybody is still having the same problems of losing posts but I lost two today and I have a T1 connection. It's kind of disappointing to type for 20 min. and then lose it all!
You might be alone in this one!

I have been problem free since Sunday.

Check if you have your cookies blocked, that could be a source of the problem.

-NALs

C

Chip00

You might be alone in this one!

I have been problem free since Sunday.

Check if you have your cookies blocked, that could be a source of the problem.

-NALs

Nope not that - I have enough to fill a cooky jar 3 times over! Also, the internet connection is 350 up and down - not T1 as I was told(I'm in the states at a friends office) but not that slow as to be loosing posts.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
No problems here and the server shows zero down time since the change.
Maybe it's somebody on the up stream that is having issues or a date center that you pass through to get to DR1.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Phone company, whatever they call themselves these days, Verizon basically says they've had a 48-hour problem and should be resolved 'soon'?. according to their spokesman........? Haven't had a browser for 2 days at home. Have had it in the office......it's sporadic. I've gone to dial-up meanwhile with no problems......thus, this msg.

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
I've lost a couple of posts and had to re-write them, but my main problem is that every time I go to a new page, I have to sign in again. I've only had sign in problems since I moved to DR last Aug. I wasn't able to sign in at all when I first came either in the internet cafe or at home. I can't understand the reason, because I never had probs in UK.

I've kind of gotten used to signing in constantly, but it's particularly frustrating on the arcade page, when I actually merit a place, and then I'm told I'm logged out and don't have authority to access the page that updates the scores.....

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I saw one of your posts that disappeared, Chip.
The one about IE spell and I responded and gave you the download site, although you can get it right through DR1 by just clicking on the abc icon in the upper right hand corner when posting, and IEspell will be available to you at all times on any site or written document, just by striping the text and right clicking on it.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Suggestion

i havent had this happen to me on this forum but...i have had typed a lot of stuff and then lose it! thats a ****er!
remember the COPY and PASTE! if it is imperative to post, do it on word or notepad first, then just paste it here! LOL

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I've lost a couple of posts and had to re-write them, but my main problem is that every time I go to a new page, I have to sign in again. I've only had sign in problems since I moved to DR last Aug. I wasn't able to sign in at all when I first came either in the internet cafe or at home. I can't understand the reason, because I never had probs in UK.

I've kind of gotten used to signing in constantly, but it's particularly frustrating on the arcade page, when I actually merit a place, and then I'm told I'm logged out and don't have authority to access the page that updates the scores.....

Login and click on a link to a forum. Ignore anything you see and even if you think your not logged in, just click on a link to a forum. This will reset your cookies and should fix your problem. If it's doesn't, you will need to wipe the cookies on your PC/Mac and login to DR1 again.

Sep 19, 2005
I have had some strange things happen. When I go to edit my post there is a series of dots that circle net to the SAVE radio button while the post is digested..if it is taking more than a few seconds to post...then I know the post wont go through at all...and i am stuck waiting for minutes until I get a screen that tells me something didnt work( dont remember exactly)

BUT if i see the dots circle for more than those few seconds i quicky hit GO ADVANCED and i go instantly to another edit fiield...which my changes are current..and i jus hit submit there...and it works everytime.

so the standard edit submit...is hanging up for some reason

FYI

bob

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have had some strange things happen. When I go to edit my post there is a series of dots that circle net to the SAVE radio button while the post is digested..if it is taking more than a few seconds to post...then I know the post wont go through at all...and i am stuck waiting for minutes until I get a screen that tells me something didnt work( dont remember exactly)

BUT if i see the dots circle for more than those few seconds i quicky hit GO ADVANCED and i go instantly to another edit fiield...which my changes are current..and i jus hit submit there...and it works everytime.

so the standard edit submit...is hanging up for some reason

FYI

bob

I guess you have problems your side. I have never seen a series of circling dots, it's defiantly not part of the message board software.

What about the advanced edit option?

Sep 19, 2005
try to edit a recent post( before the time limit expires...) and to the left of the "save" button an arc of dots develops like they are rotating in a circle. If the edit takes..it is gone as fast as the screen.....but if it doesnt take...it sits there.....and eventually I get a server web error

but If i dotn wait too long and hit the GO ADVANCED...I go right to a new screen and then all edits work pefect there..

so watch to the left of the "save" button after your next edit

bob

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I guess you have problems your side. I have never seen a series of circling dots, it's defiantly not part of the message board software.

I have the same thing happen. The standard edit freezes when I try to save edit, but advanced edit works fine.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Now I see the dots! You learn something everyday ;)

Both edits work fine for me, so a little hard for me to fault find.
If the advanced is working fine, stick with that :)

Sep 19, 2005
yeah it is not a constant thing...just when issues do arise ONCE in a while...thats the effect...and now that I know that "go advanced works so good...it really isnt an issue with me any more..

I posted JUST to let YOU know about it...

bob

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
I get the dots sometimes, and if they keep going then I know things will freeze up, but I'll try 'go advanced' from now on and see if it works for me. Thanks for the tip.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I have the same problem. I find that if the post is more than a few sentences it's best to edit from advanced stage in the first place.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

I get the same thing as Bob, and frequently it will just jam up, unless I got to the advanced option.
Same circling dots that could stay there forever, without the reply ever going through.

C

Chip00

I saw one of your posts that disappeared, Chip.
The one about IE spell and I responded and gave you the download site, although you can get it right through DR1 by just clicking on the abc icon in the upper right hand corner when posting, and IEspell will be available to you at all times on any site or written document, just by striping the text and right clicking on it.

Thanks Rocky - I see it now.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I get the same thing as Bob, and frequently it will just jam up, unless I got to the advanced option.
Same circling dots that could stay there forever, without the reply ever going through.

Ditto. But it was also happening before the first hack. I never mentioned it because I assumed everyone knew.