Bob Graham (Canadian Bob) has passed away

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
I am very sorry to report that Bob Graham (Canadian Bob) passed away last week. He had flown back to Canada after a difficult period in and out of hospitals here in Puerto Plata and in Santo Domingo.
Bob was a valued member of the Costambar community for over 20 years. An examination of his posts would show what a speaker at his memorial service said:Bob liked everyone. He held no rancor or hostility to any person. On the contrary he lived a life of service, both to his fellow Costambarians and to his DR1 friends. He will be greatly missed.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
May he rest in peace and my condolences goes to his closest friends and family.

-NALs:surprised :cry:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
My condolences....I'd spoken to Bob back home in North Bay just days before we journeyed to Juan Dolio. Such a nice person.
Glad it was posted here as I haven't seen an obit in the North Bay paper!

May his family know that we are thinking of them in this time of sorrow!

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
sorry to hear and I am sure a great loss to many

something to aspire to to have words like that said about you - well done

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
I met Bob and his wife a few years back. He was a very friendly person. He went out of his way to meet my friends and I. A great guy! Sorry to hear of his passing.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Oh, how terrible! I always thought that he was such a wonderful contributor to DR1.

He will be sadly missed. My condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

Marlie

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
About an hour ago his wife e-mailed with the sad news. I had written to him some weeks ago after finding out he had been hospitalized in Santo Domingo. He came out and posted a few times but well..... man I always liked his threads, very helpful and although I never met him I developed a closeness to him. The fella had a big heart. Wow I am hurting.

To his wife Sylvia and family my deepest condolences.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
His posts were, indeed, a positive contribution to these boards. He will be missed.
I do not think that we ever noted that he was ill from his posts...

Sorry we didn't get together more than once...

My family and I send our sincere condolences,

Hb and Clan

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
It is certainly sad to read about another DR1 passing. May he rest in peace and my condolences to his wife and family.

incredible

Jul 9, 2006
I never met Canadian Bob but i have read many of his posts...
Many of us young fellas should learn from his class...

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Wow, I am very surprised and saddened to hear of Canadian Bob's passing. My sincerest condolences to his family.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Our condolences also to his family...may he rest in peace and may the Good Lord keep him by his side...

MQ & T