What is the best hotel in Santiago?

kcl060

Dec 10, 2006
Can anyone tell me where the best hotel in Santiago is? Also, if it's not the same, what is the best hotel for the best price? Thanks!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
NOT the MATUM!! Last time a friend stayed there he suffered a night of bed bugs!!

Gran Almirante is #1 and is close to most everything.

As darling Main Girl...errrr, I mean Mainegirl, said, the Marriott experience is the same the world over.

In town there is the Platino on Estrella Sadhal?; the Aloha Sol on Calle del Son in downtown; and another part of the Gran Almirante business--whose name I can't remember for the life of me...but it is on Calle Mella at the corner of Sol.

Those are the places that are over 1800 pesos a night.

HB

C

Chip00

Best deal

Hotel Aloha Sol, S A
El Sol 50
Santiago
(809) 583-0090

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i've sent them a reservation request for 12-16 July..hope they have some room for me !! :laugh:

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
Aloha Sol is good

i've sent them a reservation request for 12-16 July..hope they have some room for me !! :laugh:

Just got back from Santiago and spent a night at the Aloha Sol. The rooms are clean, air-conditioned, and have hot water. And they are guest friendly!

There are cheaper options, but you get what you pay for in Santiago. It's also central to a lot of useful places (banks, grocery stores, etc.), as well as being very close to the monument and it's night spots.

Wish I was still there! Have fun.;)

Vince.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
thanks...if i dont get an answer, can i call them ? do they speak english ?

Sep 19, 2005
I was waiting on my girlfriend who had a meeting in the plaza that the Hotel Platino is in. So I went over for a tour. Most rooms only had showers. no bathtubs...the rooms were decent , but nothing to rave about... the bathrrroms were small but clean..I like clean!!
the prices were all over 3,000 pesos a night!!!!( for a king bed or 2 twins room)

I knew walking over there would come in handy at some point.

bob

baltojohn

Apr 1, 2007
Kyle,
I was thinking of visiting Santiago around the same dates. However, the airfare from Dca was alot higher than normal. I'm guessing it's the high gas prices. I'm curious as to what kind of rate you found. I look forward to a trip report. Save some chicas for the rest of us.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I was waiting on my girlfriend who had a meeting in the plaza that the Hotel Platino is in. So I went over for a tour. Most rooms only had showers. no bathtubs...the rooms were decent , but nothing to rave about... the bathrrroms were small but clean..I like clean!!
the prices were all over 3,000 pesos a night!!!!( for a king bed or 2 twins room)

I knew walking over there would come in handy at some point.

bob
Bob, I have never paid more that RD$1450 for a nice room at Hotel Platino. It's where I've stayed in Santiago for the last 2.5 years.

Sep 19, 2005
Bob, I have never paid more that RD$1450 for a nice room at Hotel Platino. It's where I've stayed in Santiago for the last 2.5 years.

I guess I am whiter than you!!!! ha ha ha......they showed me three rooms....and I went back downstairs to ask the price of each....none were less than 3000 pesos, one was over 4,000 pesos!!

bob