doest have to be that nice the cheaper the better lol

mrkrsll

Apr 14, 2007
Im looked around on many of the questions that have been asked in the fourms...but still no luck with some questions I have.
I only work nine months outta the year here in Canada and was thinking about going down south in the winter for 2 months during my off season. Could some one help me out with some information on renting an apt( doest have to be that nice the cheaper the better lol)..around how much money I would need for 2 months and any other info that could help me out

Thanks Mark

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
You can rent a appartment here in Cabarete for about $ 300 a month and up.
How much money you need all depents on what you want to do and how many times you eat out.
I would say $ 800 and up for a good life. But I know people that do it for $ 400 a month.

mrkrsll

Apr 14, 2007
Im not looking to live a posh live in the DR. Basicly I just want to get outta Canada for the winter. I wont be driving a car down there just mostly lounging around and getting to know some locals. Maybe go out to a club here and there...
Im gonna try and live off about $3000 CDN for those two months.
Will this be more then enough?

Also where could I find some listing for some aparmets?

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
Im not looking to live a posh live in the DR. Basicly I just want to get outta Canada for the winter. I wont be driving a car down there just mostly lounging around and getting to know some locals. Maybe go out to a club here and there...
Im gonna try and live off about $3000 CDN for those two months.
Will this be more then enough?

You could live on that . Beer is expensive though.

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
Let's break it down. The important part is low rent. In the winter for two months you might have to pay up to $600 for those prime months that is in US dollars or 700 canadian. That leaves you with 800 canadian or about 680 us per month which would give you a budget of 20 us per day. Fruit for breakfast is inexpensive you can buy a fresh pineapple for 1 dollar. Lunch, if you have the typical Dominican lunch is around $3. That leaves $16 you can travel for $1 any where in town including going to discos in Sosua. The beers in the bars cost $3. Take a six pack home and that is $6

Hope this helps

mrkrsll

Apr 14, 2007
Let's break it down. The important part is low rent. In the winter for two months you might have to pay up to $600 for those prime months that is in US dollars or 700 canadian. That leaves you with 800 canadian or about 680 us per month which would give you a budget of 20 us per day. Fruit for breakfast is inexpensive you can buy a fresh pineapple for 1 dollar. Lunch, if you have the typical Dominican lunch is around $3. That leaves $16 you can travel for $1 any where in town including going to discos in Sosua. The beers in the bars cost $3. Take a six pack home and that is $6

Hope this helps

Lots of help!!! Thanks alot :)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Don't travel with too much money. Bring down an ATM card or credit card and withdraw as you need from a local bank.
Rents in Juan Dolio for a small bed/sitting room, mini apartment or one bedroom range from $300US to $600 US /month.
Of course you can manage nicely on $1500 CAN as long as you eat in more than out. Locally produced fruits and veggies are cheap as are meals at local comedors and paradas.

mrkrsll

Apr 14, 2007
Don't travel with too much money. Bring down an ATM card or credit card and withdraw as you need from a local bank.
Rents in Juan Dolio for a small bed/sitting room, mini apartment or one bedroom range from $300US to $600 US /month.
Of course you can manage nicely on $1500 CAN as long as you eat in more than out. Locally produced fruits and veggies are cheap as are meals at local comedors and paradas.

Yeah I was thinking more of $2500 to 3000 for the two months..So when im withdraw money from the ATM what currency is it gonna be giving me?

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Yeah I was thinking more of $2500 to 3000 for the two months..So when im withdraw money from the ATM what currency is it gonna be giving me?

You will get pesos back.You can also check your accounts via the internet to make sure your transactions and account balance is correct.
Personally I think $2500 per month would be a more comfortable amount to live on,but again it depends on how much you want to do while your down there.
hifiman

mrkrsll

Apr 14, 2007
See I dont work from Jan to March because my work is seasonal..So pretty much what i would be doing up here I can be doing donw there only minus the snow
Nothing fancy at all mostly just lounging around...