Looking to buy a new/ used 4-wheeler, Puerto Plata

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Hi,
I am interested in purchasing a new or used four wheel drive 4-wheeler for a small ranch in Puerto Plata. If you have any information concerning this matter please send me email or post an answer. I have been searching now for 3 weeks, and I have emailed the rental place for ATV tours, with no luck. Thank you.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Give William a call on: 809 8020950. He has new and second hand I guess.

Say hi from me. ;)

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Thanks Werner,
Unfortunately William is asking an arm and a leg for his machine. Are there any other people and/or places you may have?
Thanks, Reese

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is a guy in Santiago that deals in four wheelers. I'll find out for yu tomorrow and let you know.

HB

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Thanks Hillbilly,
I would appreciate that. I see you are a frequent poster, maybe you could hook me up with other vital information. I am interested in meeting/ working with/ swapping resourses with fellow Americans who are farming in the Puerto Plata area. I would like to get a nice vegetable garden going, even raise some chickens for eggs and am running into many obstacles getting materials, finding out ph levels of the soil, ect. ect. I find it frustrating just going to the ferreterias, can't find what I am looking for half the time, the other half I can find say a tool (utility knife), but can't get replacement blades. This is a recurring problem dealing with most of my American ways of doing projects, but with DR's resources. It would be a great asset to network with other Americans who are already established in the DR. Any such info would be highly productive for maintaining a somewhat balance in this transition for me. Thanks.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I saw two used 4-wheelers for sale in Puerto Plata. They were parked in front of a Compra-Venta on the street that is directly across from the public hospital and runs to Calle Luis Ginebra (don't know the name of the street). They are about half way betweeen the hospital and Luis Ginebra. If you are coming from the Luis Ginebra direction, there is a computer store on the corner.