cabrete irish bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickiscorpio

Dec 3, 2006
i saw on pop report there is an irish bar paddys in cabrete
the website given does not work so just wondered if its still open and where abouts it is as we will visit cabrete on the pub crawel trip, hubby like the guiniess u see.

wight-boy

Nov 6, 2003
Their unfinished website is Jose O'Shay's Irish Beach Pub
Nice people with big hearts, not well regarded in the "expat" community due to pricing. More an American Irish bar than and Irish Irish bar but IMO pleasant and unlimited draft presidente in the afternoon for 200 peso (from 4 I think) makes it worth a visit. Besides most of Cabarete is fast catching up on pricing.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
I love Jose O'Sheays on a Sunday.....try the qaesadillas and the chilli fries....they are so good...especially after drinking the unlimited draft presidente for 2 hours!!

I enjoy the music in there....its great to catch up with friends while listening to american/english music!

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Sorry, but I will never understand in a million years why anybody comes to the Dominican Republic and needs to hear American/English music!

gringito

Feb 21, 2005
Great Place

I probably travel more of the DR than most of the people here (who are not expats) and have been doing so for years. Jose's is one of the great places on the north coast. The expats may not like the prices but they came to the DR for cheap prices to begin with. People who like quality and don't worry about pricing love Jose's. Those who need to eat rice and beans to make their budget work won't like Jose's. Frankie and his Dad have the best sports bar configuration on the north coast and the best program choices. They are perfect hosts and wonderful guys as long as you don't want to complain about their prices. My grandfather always told me that if you have to ask "how much, go somplace else".

Regards

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
I probably travel more of the DR than most of the people here (who are not expats) and have been doing so for years. Jose's is one of the great places on the north coast. The expats may not like the prices but they came to the DR for cheap prices to begin with. People who like quality and don't worry about pricing love Jose's. Those who need to eat rice and beans to make their budget work won't like Jose's. Frankie and his Dad have the best sports bar configuration on the north coast and the best program choices. They are perfect hosts and wonderful guys as long as you don't want to complain about their prices. My grandfather always told me that if you have to ask "how much, go somplace else".

Regards

I could not agree more, you are never lacking for service or quality. Their business model is one that is well recieved in the Islands, Frankly speaking I think they should franchise......How bout dem cowboys !!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I love Jose O'Sheays on a Sunday.....try the qaesadillas and the chilli fries....they are so good...especially after drinking the unlimited draft presidente for 2 hours!!

I enjoy the music in there....its great to catch up with friends while listening to american/english music!

They also have NFL Sunday Ticket. Every NFL game live on Sunday. No other Sports Bar in Sosua or Cabarete has this.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
A million years?

Sorry, but I will never understand in a million years why anybody comes to the Dominican Republic and needs to hear American/English music!
Yeah.. And why do they still want to eat steaks instead of rice & beans.
And why do they insist on having 24 hour power and running water?
What's with that?
Why can't they just become Dominicans when they move here.
And why is it they can't dance like the Dominicans?
What's the matter with these people?
Can't they change everything about them when they move here?
Why do they want peace and quiet?
What's wrong with loud music all night?
They can always sleep at their jobs if they want.
I just don't understand these gringos.
It's like a genetic flaw or something.

joestrummer

Mar 22, 2007
Great Burgers

I had a couple delicious burgers when I visited.
The pub and comfort food is nice when you're away from home.

Personally I can only try so many exotic dishes in a week or so before I want to order something that doesn't need to be explained or translated for me.

Dominicans sure don't give up their food and culture when they come to the States.

It does seem crazy not to drink Presidente in the DR, but to each his own, as was posted.

BTW, I'd like to DR1'ers for all the info given to me before my trip.
I had a great time and your forums was invaluable.

nickiscorpio

Dec 3, 2006

Regards

thank you

the prices looked cool to me when a cocktail is priced just 2.5 dollars you cant argue really, with all our vat and such in the uk cocktails in our bars cost at least ?5.00 which is $8/10 dollars the gunniess is priced $3.5 dollars well again in the uk it would be at least 6/7 dollars.

we will cony be in cabarete for a short while on pub crawel tho and im looking for the best daqueri in town lol

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
You've obviously never been to Eddy's

They also have NFL Sunday Ticket. Every NFL game live on Sunday. No other Sports Bar in Sosua or Cabarete has this.

I'll grant you that O'Shay?s have a great location and much more luxury than Eddy's and people pay for that. But, you are misinforming people when you state that no other bar has the NFL ticket. During NFL playoffs in the past years, Eddy's showed up to 5 different games simultaneously. O'Shay?s is ahead of Eddy's as for food (BTW, Eddy's new owners have begun remodeling the place) but Eddy's is miles ahead of O'shay's as far as programming is concerned. Nearly every Sunday last year Cabarete people drove to Sosua because they couldn?t watch their favorite game anywhere else.

TimeConAlan

Apr 10, 2007
Jose O'Shays was a great slice of home for me and I caught up on some UK soccer which was nice after being out of the loop for like a month. I think in terms of food the service and the pricing were some of the better ones I had around Cabarete, drinks are a bit more expensive if you venture away from Presidente, I bought a double Jagermeister and Red Bull (which costs me ?3 back home) and it cost me ?12, haha, learned from my mistake and used the happy hour Presidente wisely in future!

Status
Not open for further replies.