Nice hotel in Bayahibe? Please reccomend.

paperfinger

Apr 17, 2007
Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I would like to spend 4 nights in Bayahibe at the end of the month. Can you suggest a nice place to stay? If possible, we would like to avoid the all-inclusive hotels. We would also like to be close to a good swimming beach as we are looking for a purely relaxing, quiet vacation. I would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks!
Brynna

GringaRubia

Sep 9, 2006
There were several post about this subject here on page 3 under the titile of "Bayahibe'..check it out. It is a nice spot.

mrbillishere

Feb 26, 2007
More about Bayahibe

Bayahibe is a really small town as compared to many others in the DR.

I was there to dive so staying in town was perfect for me. It's pretty laid-back, with the exception of around 10AM each morning when they are invaded by about a dozen full-sized tour buses who show up with passengers heading for a day trip out to Isla Saona. I had no idea any of this was going on because I'd be off on the dive boat by 8:30, but I caught the 'show' on my last day as I was preparing to head back to PUJ.

Suffice it to say, for most of the day and night the atmosphere is flavored by all the locals going about their lives and there was plenty of music and dancing on Sat and Sun nights.

There are a few decent places to eat by the marina. I found one tucked away in the marina, located behind the scubafun gift shop and next to an art gallery, that features Cuban food and was just excellent. Try the mojitos once and you'll be a fan for life.

Here's a pic of the Playa, there in town.

Hope you have fun, and as I said in my other post if you want a bit more action, shopping, or to do more 'tourista' sort of stuff, you can always run in to La Romana and walk around the area of the town square. There are good restaurants and bars in the vicinity as well, including a cool shish-kabab place a couple of blocks away, and a great bakery (panderia) just off the square. It's easy to find, just turn right (North) at the stoplight in front of the Jumbo and when you get to Duarte, you're there.