Puerto Plata Hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackieboo

On Vaction without a return ticket!
Mar 18, 2006
In the DR Hospitals are a dirty word. What you want is a Clinica and there is one large one called 'Centro Medico' or 'Clinica Bourginal'.

Just ask anyone for directions once you get to Puerto Plata.

Caz

May 15, 2004
Clinica Bournigal Puerto Plata

I had treatment there when I fractured and dislocated my shoulder, and they were great. The place isn't smart but the treatment was efficient and a lot faster than the UK. Other people who have been there for tests have good reports too. Hope this helps.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
In the DR Hospitals are a dirty word. What you want is a Clinica and there is one large one called 'Centro Medico' or 'Clinica Bourginal'.

Just ask anyone for directions once you get to Puerto Plata.
As it happens, Bournigal has a much better reputation than the POP hospital, but your DR generalization is incorrect.
There are some excellent hospitals in the DR, and DR hospitals are not a dirty word.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I can agree-to a point--with Rocky.
The two children's hospitals..Robert Reid and Arturo Grull?n in Santo Domingo and Santiago, respectively are well equipped and well trained.
The Plaza de la Salud is really top notch. Remember they just did a triple by-pass on the cardinal, and a liver transplant.
In Santiago, the University Regional Hospital Cabral y B?ez is pretty good. Not perfect but you can get good care there.

The rest (sorry to have to generalize) really have huge gaps in their personnel and services. due mostly to $$ constraints....after all, we need the Metro more than good hospitals....right??

HB

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
Thank you all for your input! I appreciate the replys!
I'm actually looking for some sort of work dealing with children. Exploring as many options as I can. I'm wanting to reside in the Northern side; that's where my "Puerto Plata Hospitals" came from.

Thanks again..

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Paid work or voluntary? The best known public hospital is Ricardo Limardo - if you're nursing trained you'd be ok otherwise you need a strong stomach. Some of the practices are...........well, not what you might be used to. There is a new public hospital downtown, far more state of the art & staffed by many of the private sector doctors
Puerto Plata Digital

.: Periódico El Faro • Edición Digital :.

For the private clinics or hospitals there is Centro Medico (Bournigal) as referred to above - my partner had an op. there, surgeon was good, also one on 27 de Febrero called Gregorio Hernandez (mixed reputation) and a third called Brugal about which someone started a thread:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/56352-beware-brugal-clinic.html

Among many people in Puerto Plata the use of the term hospital & clinic is interchangeable: the hospital is the hospital and the clinic can be either the clinic or the hospital. So don't worry about the title, just get the actual name right.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Know that work in health related areas is two level:
The doctors
All others

That said, you also have to know that pay for health care workers, like nurses, in either the public or private sector is very, very low...certainly not what a trained person in the developed world would expect.

Go slow on this.

HB

Lady

Apr 13, 2007
Hello

Does anyone know of any hospitals located in Puerto Plata?

Thanks,

Michelle

hi michelle, there is the Ricardo Limardo Hospital, but you can have better atention at a clinic because at the hospital not many person talk english and for you that are extrange is better a clinc you can visit Dotor Bournigal clinic thhis is situated at Anteramota Street and can ask to any person all body knows here the clinic or Gregorio Hernandez this is at 27 febreaury street and all body knows the clinic also.

Regards i wait all be good with you

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
Thanks again everyone! I'll keep checking up here for new messages!
Does anyone know of any other work that would deal with the children in Puerto Plata?
I don't need something with a 'big' paycheque.. just enough to get by ..
Thanks!!!

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Yep, I agree that the Clinic is better then the hospital from what I have seen of them both. My friend had a baby at the hospital and had no complaints, but the clinic looks nicer.

kirkland1222

Mar 9, 2005
My sister did a rotation at the 27 de Febrero hospital when she was in med school. She said she had some difficulty getting much recognition as a young female doctor/intern as if she was somebody of no importance.

However, I had one of their doctors place some stitches on my face and he did a top notch job.

I know this probably doesn't help with regards to information about child health care but just putting my thoughts about that one hospital.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thanks again everyone! I'll keep checking up here for new messages!
Does anyone know of any other work that would deal with the children in Puerto Plata?
I don't need something with a 'big' paycheque.. just enough to get by ..
Thanks!!!

Maybe if you teach and have qualifications. Have a look in employment forum and use search function. There have been quite a few posts recently about people either obtaining or trying to obtain teaching positions.

suzii2e

May 7, 2008
same situ!

hi michelle,

I am also looking for work in puerto plata as a medical secretary/reception/PA.
I am finding it difficult to even get onto the webpages of the clinics that have been suggested! if you have any luck or advice plz let me know.

sue :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.