Meet & Greet-Juan Dolio, Friday April 20/07

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
6:30 PM at CasaBlanca (formerly Il Cappucino) in old Juan Dolio.
Across the street from Plaza Oasis, on the beach!!

We'll be on the outdoors balconey sipping coffee or cocktails and introducing all who show up to the newest Expat "nikke" who has chosen to make Juan Dolio her new home.

Come out and meet this Ex-Canadian who is now working in the Free Zone in San Pedro and making her home in the DR.

Let's show nikke the DR expat contingent is as friendly as the 'natives'.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Ok...so far we're nikke (guest of honour)
MommC & PapaTony
JRR
Dunhill
plus three expats who don't post on the board

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Oh my...I'm the guest of honor? Wow I'm blushing...thank you...I think it would be nice for all of us to meet and greet each other, not just me, hee hee.

poochie77

Jun 21, 2005
Can't make it

I would love to be there but I won't be arriving in San Pedro until Sat. the 21st! I would love to meet some expats! I will be in Juan Dolio soaking up the sun probably Tues or Wed?

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
Got more!

OK! Now we have Fred and Denise, haven?t caught Lorraine yet, and Chris and Jim (I believe Nikke knows Jim already, Ha Ha!)

See you there!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Waiting for Matilda to check in........I hear she's back in town.......

Should be fun and we could call it a 'hasta la proxima' for us also as we're heading for the Great (soon to be green) White North early Monday!

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
It sounds like you have a great group of people to welcome Nikke to town! It also sounds like Nikke knows how important it is to network, network, and more network in the DR.
Buena Suerte Nikke

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Yes to Lambada and no to Juanita....dang and I was talking to her Weds. night..........however she has met nikke as nikke is staying at Mara's! Too bad you'll miss the party Sunday night (it's our going away fiesta....all others welcome!!)

I'll run down later and ask Mara to tell her.......

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
Have a Presidente for me!!!

Sorry can't make it,,, but I will try my best to meet her when we come down in June.

I know u guys will have a great time...... MommC and PapaC are really great people to party or just have few drinks!!!!

Have fun and take lots of pics!!!

CB

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
No pics just lots of good conversation and a few Presidentes'!
Nikke now has a fairly good network and I've met some of the neighbours that I've been planning to meet all year! :)

Next time we'll have to make it a real get-together and not just cocktails! (si Dio quiede como dicono aqui!)

Take care all and if I don't see y'all at Flor di Loto on Sunday night -
Hasta pronto!! Cuidate por verano y il tempo de tempeste!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
bummer...sounds like a great get together...unfortunately i dont arrive till thrusday (the 26th? i think).

This will probably be my last trip to DR for some time as i just got layed off this week from my job after 10 years. I got a great severance package (8 months salary)....but i think after i take a month off i will probably try to get back to work and SAVE some of that $$.

perhaps folks will be around that following weekend?

6:30 PM at CasaBlanca (formerly Il Cappucino) in old Juan Dolio.
Across the street from Plaza Oasis, on the beach!!

We'll be on the outdoors balconey sipping coffee or cocktails and introducing all who show up to the newest Expat "nikke" who has chosen to make Juan Dolio her new home.

Come out and meet this Ex-Canadian who is now working in the Free Zone in San Pedro and making her home in the DR.

Let's show nikke the DR expat contingent is as friendly as the 'natives'.
Most of the time, I am coming two times a day to Casablanca.
My name is Andre. I am from Holland.
I live already 14 years in Juan Dolio.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hey Dre!!! I introduced you to Nikke (her board name) the other day. She was the one who had talked to your wife about a 'studio'.
Nice to see you on the message board and Welkommen!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Mi idea.....

Mommc:

Can I come dressed as SankieMikey and give you ladies a few lap dances?.

You can't miss me, I will be the one wearing:

1- A big red hat
2- Green shoes (3 sizes bigger)
3- Shiny yellow shirt
4- Shiny red polyester pants
5- White socks
6- Fake jewelry (chains, watch, rings and earrings)
7- Skunk Cologne you can smell 3 brocks away
8- Walking funny, waving to the sides
9- 1 female foreigner on each arm (both from different countries).

Hahahahahahaahaha!.

Just kidding!.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
It sounds like you guys are going to have a great time. Take lots of pictures.
Toronto's loss is Juan Dolio's gain, Nikke we are going to miss you at the next Toronto get together. Take care and enjoy living in Paradise.

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
I am a little slow at getting this message out, but I wanted to thank everyone who turned up at the meet and greet last Friday. It was nice to meet you all and I feel very, very welcomed here.

A special thanks to MommC for arranging. I hope you and Papa Tony are enjoying the rest of your vacation!!